General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swap meet in Lansing Michigan

Old 01-26-2011, 10:58 PM
gtrplyr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Swap meet in Lansing Michigan

There is a Motorcycle swapmeet in Lansing Michigan this Saturday. Anyone ever go to any of the Michigan swapmeets? Are they worth checking out?

Old 01-27-2011, 05:47 AM
Tazzrider
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gtrplyr
There is a Motorcycle swapmeet in Lansing Michigan this Saturday. Anyone ever go to any of the Michigan swapmeets? Are they worth checking out?
I typically use to go every year when they came thru Grand Rapids.
In the early days, they would charge maybe $4 entry fee and drinks were about $2.
Now, they're charging double that or more and a semi cold draft will run ya $6.

Are they worth checking out? Definately a good place to find used parts or unique parts. I also feel they have a good selection of leather goods at good prices. If you find something you want or need, wait till you have checked out the entire swap meet, you can often find a lower price at another booth on the floor.
I only go to them now if i am in the market for something particular.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:06 AM
FL DEUCE
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I have learned about swap meets............Buyer Beware

Old 01-27-2011, 08:45 AM
gtrplyr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tazzrider
I typically use to go every year when they came thru Grand Rapids.
In the early days, they would charge maybe $4 entry fee and drinks were about $2.
Now, they're charging double that or more and a semi cold draft will run ya $6.

Are they worth checking out? Definately a good place to find used parts or unique parts. I also feel they have a good selection of leather goods at good prices. If you find something you want or need, wait till you have checked out the entire swap meet, you can often find a lower price at another booth on the floor.
I only go to them now if i am in the market for something particular.
I thought about waiting for the GR show, but since that's still two months away I figured I'd hit up the Lansing one. Maybe find some tourpak speaker pods or a set of leather gloves.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Tazzrider
Road Captain

Originally Posted by gtrplyr
I thought about waiting for the GR show, but since that's still two months away I figured I'd hit up the Lansing one. Maybe find some tourpak speaker pods or a set of leather gloves.
Not sure about the speaker pod selection but you'll surely have a large selection of leather gloves there.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:23 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member

I used to go. If you're looking for a specific part or service it might be worthwhile. It's just vendors with tables set up. The problem is you have to search for it. I don't go anymore I guess because it's easier to find parts and services on the internet.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:46 AM
knepp1bj
Road Captain

i went to lansing last year, sucked. i am 20 minutes from lansing...

wait and go to the novi one or where ever it is...bigger and more stuff

Old 01-27-2011, 02:10 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

I will say the one just East of Novi is larger but the one in Lansing is good if you don't need to drive to far to get there. I'm about 20 minutes North of the meet. Some of the guys coming with me drive about 40 miles just to get to my home then we all ride together from here. This year I know 4 of us for sure and 2 or 3 others that might go in our group. If we do like normal we will get there about 10:30 and stand in line for a hour...I hate that part.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:07 PM
rodnock
Road Warrior

Went last year. Too few used parts vendors. Too many leather vendors. Entry fee is too high. Seems to me if you don't have to pay to go in Walmart or Krogers to buy stuff why should you have to pay to go in a "swap meet". The vendors pay for floor space. When is enough enough!

Wait and go to Baldwin in May for Blessing of the Bikes. Same vendors set up all over town and no entry fee.

Last edited by rodnock; 01-27-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:38 PM
kmealp
Cruiser

Skip lansing unless you need something bad, look up chicago bike show on feb 5. They say that one is good, I'm headed there this year instead of lansing.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Swap meet in Lansing Michigan