General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re-Chrome Service Shop

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 10:27 PM
banginTwins
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-Chrome Service Shop

Good Evening everybody....I just purchased a 2003 Fatty and even though it is spotless I purchased a few parts for it and would like to have them rechromed....I am sure some of you have experience having this done or possibly a forum member owns a shop themselves?? Question is anyone have any recommendations of someone in the North East USA area/region that is top notch in quality without breaking my piggybank?

Look forward to hearing from you guys/gals....not in a huge rush but would like to get it done by Spring at latest....Also bought my Wifey a 883 Custom for Mommy's Day 2010 and there are a few things on it that I would like to have chromed as well....

Thanks,
William
"BanginTwins"

Old 02-17-2011, 07:21 AM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 135 Likes on 54 Posts

there are several good shops out there, I use ChromeMasters in Nashville for all my stuff now. I tried a couple other cheaper places but the work was never as good as Chrome Masters. I've heard good things about Browns and some others but no personal experience with those.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:32 AM
FlamedFXR
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,511 Likes on 645 Posts

Helps to put your location in your profile....Sherms in Sacramento CA is who the builders/ hot rodders use out here.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:08 PM
banginTwins
Cruiser

Sorry you are correct....I am in Maryland....don't really know of anywhere around here that does Chrome or Rechrome....I have a few parts that are chrome but would like to get them rechromed....no damage at all but just wanted them showroom perfect or better....anyone know of any place around the North East USA area....or close to Maryland....if not then I will contact your suggestions

Old 02-19-2011, 09:11 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 814 Likes on 800 Posts

If Ur not happy with chrome quality of HD parts take them back and ask for new ones...
Personally I've never had bad chrome from the HD parts dept...

Old 02-20-2011, 11:03 AM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 135 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by banginTwins
Sorry you are correct....I am in Maryland....don't really know of anywhere around here that does Chrome or Rechrome....I have a few parts that are chrome but would like to get them rechromed....no damage at all but just wanted them showroom perfect or better....anyone know of any place around the North East USA area....or close to Maryland....if not then I will contact your suggestions
whatever you do DO NOT take to the guy in Kensington that does chroming. His work is 1 step above the chrome in a spray paint can. There's nothing so big on a bike that you can't box it up and ship it to a reputable place.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Nashville
Tourer

Pretty much going to get what you pay for with chrome.
Quality chrome is not cheap these days. Copper & nickel prices are through the roof.
Gov regulations have caused many shops to close, and the existing shops have to follow strict guidelines.

Privately & prefessionally, I use Advanced Plating in Nashville.
They are big into the street rod scene and turn out quality work.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:24 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Try Brown's Plating in Paducah, KY. They are one of the best I have used. Web address is: www.brownsplating.com

Old 02-20-2011, 06:37 PM
BDHABT
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by harleydavis
Try Brown's Plating in Paducah, KY. They are one of the best I have used. Web address is: www.brownsplating.com
X2.

They do great work.I sent a load of parts from my Softail to them.Much nicer than the thin chrome from HD.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:41 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Brown's Plating has been around for a long time and do very good work. Not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Quick Reply: Re-Chrome Service Shop