General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To All LIMITED Owners ( FLHTK )

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 07:29 AM
fl-flhx
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To All LIMITED Owners ( FLHTK )

What ( Key Features ) did you get or not get !

I just purchased a 2011 Limited and love the bike BUT after picking up the bike and getting it home I notice a few things are not as advertised.

1- has 12" windscreen ( ad says 8" )

2- snap on covers on lower fairings ( ad says lockable glove box doors )

3- passenger floor boards fixed ( ad says adjustable pass. floor boards )

4- seat is higher ( ad says new revamped lower and narrower seat )

What does yours have ?

Old 09-08-2010, 07:42 AM
TxCowboy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by fl-flhx
What ( Key Features ) did you get or not get !

I just purchased a 2011 Limited and love the bike BUT after picking up the bike and getting it home I notice a few things are not as advertised.

1- has 12" windscreen ( ad says 8" )

2- snap on covers on lower fairings ( ad says lockable glove box doors )

3- passenger floor boards fixed ( ad says adjustable pass. floor boards )

4- seat is higher ( ad says new revamped lower and narrower seat )

What does yours have ?
I have the 2010 model.

Windshield -- Replaced the stock 12 inch shield with a National Cycles 10 inch. Much better in both 1 up and 2 up conditions and, at 6 feet tall, I can now see over the windshield instead of through it.

Lower fairing covers -- Difficult to use while riding so I just store my jiffystand pad there for parking away from home.

Passenger floorboards -- yep, these do not seem to be adjustable without some sort of aftermarket add-on.

Seat -- From what I've read, it you don't have a 32 inch or longer inseam, you're on your toes. Probably why the seat aftermarket is so good on our baggers.

Nevertheless, the K is still one of the finest bikes I've ever owned.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:10 AM
fl-flhx
2nd Gear

agreed I love the bike as well I was just wondering how yours was delivered as far as the options

thanks

Old 09-08-2010, 08:46 AM
TxCowboy
Road Captain

I haven't perused the entire accessory list (too many toys; not enough time) but I do know that it didn't come with the siren for the security system. Other than that, the K is pretty well equipped with all of the bling you could possibly expect on a stock bike.

As far as aftermarket items, I've picked up the rider backrest, rider footboard extenders, tour pack organizer, new windshield, two saddlebag crashbar bars with water bottles ("gotta have" items for South Texas), air shock suspension pump (this should be a stock item!), HD tire pressure guage, and miscellaneous crap like a first aid kit, tire repair kit, tire pump, etc. Basically, I spent a couple of hundred bucks to get the bike ready for a trip outside the city.

I think you'll find that most of what you want is already installed on the K and any changes you make will be more to personalize the bike and get it functional for touring away from home versus adding something that is actually "missing" from a touring bike (if that makes sense).

Congrats on your purchase!

Old 09-08-2010, 11:57 AM
tbrown2
Cruiser

I recently pulled the rigger on the 11 FLHTK and you are right. The windscreen is advertised as an 8 in the Key features. Mine came with the standard stock 12 in. I also see about the lockable glove box in the lowers. My salesman said that the bikes came from the factory as mine did with the standard 12 in wind screen and the standard snapped glove boxes. When I pointed out that the MOCO highlighted these things as selling points he said that those were extra that you had to buy separate. It sounds like the MOCO made changes after the marketing boys did their thing. The right hand not talking to the left. I saw one come out of the box and my salesman was right they are shipped the way mine was delivered. I hate marketing. So far I am loving the bike. Except for the wind shield, I have a Clearview 10.5 recurve coming, I can't stand the stock 12 as it is right in my line of sight. I also added the adjustable rider back rest, the premium air horn, the extended passenger floor board mounts (the wife is only 4'11"), and the light kit for the tourpack lights. I have put 800 miles on it in the last three weeks. I can't think of to much more I want to add, did I mention I hate marketing.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:53 PM
gdaustin
Advanced

I just picked mine up Saturday and noticed the same things as you guys. I called the dealer and let them know that the issues were advertised and they are looking into it. I am no lawyer but I was under the assumption that if a feature is advertised then it must conform as that would be false advertising. Just my two cents and I will let ya know what happens with my dealer. Be nice if they honor the advertisment and put the lockable doors on and adjustable passenger footrests. I have copied an image of the page just in case they change it. I love the bike tho. I can not wait till I get the backrest and new headers along with new AC.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:01 PM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Odd...I just talked to Harley Customer Service today. I asked about the very same thing,they asked if I had addressed the issue with my Dealer. I said " It's not really a Dealer issue if ALL the limiteds are coming without advertised options". She told me there is a disclaimer at the bottom of the features page stating actual models may vary according to region. Sure enough,it's there.

Mark

Old 12-22-2010, 09:37 PM
badknees
Road Master

The passenger foot boards are adjustable. There are four holes and they can be moved up or down. Mine also came with a 12" shield but I like it. You'll probably change it to a re-curve someday.
Ride Safe!

Old 12-22-2010, 10:39 PM
captainjohn
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought mine three months ago after trading in my 2002 UC with 100,000 miles on it (only half were mine). The first thing I noticed was the difference in the ride and the nice spacing of the gearing in the 6 speed compared to the older version. I put a taller recurve on but I an 6'4" tall. Love the bike.

Old 12-23-2010, 11:58 PM
Bushrider
Tourer
Default Mine's a '10 as well.

And it came with all the stock features that you mentioned yours did.

I don't remember any ads listing anything else for the 10's...

The '11's were supposed to have gotten an upgraded seat and compensator.

Quick Reply: To All LIMITED Owners ( FLHTK )