General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike sl*t (no pics and it's not what you think)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 10:52 PM
tandt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike sl*t (no pics and it's not what you think)

I love bikes. I've owned half a dozen and each one was a big part of my life and I have great memories of each. Every bike had/had some great aspects, and others not so great. I bought my first HD, my 09 Nightster, two years ago. Since then I've really been getting into the whole HD thing, getting to know what the different models are all about. The XL is a great bike but I want other bikes, too.

My problem is, I can't seem to be satisfied with one bike. I am always checking out other bikes and playing pros and cons. I love my Nighster, but then I rode a Fatboy, and realized there was lots cool going on there....you get the idea. Problem is I can't afford more than one bike, but I want to own them all. I spend hours reading magazines and forums, and I have the Buyer's Guides memorized. I'd love an Electra Glide for long tours, a Fatboy for cruising, maybe a Night Rod for a speed fix...then a Ducati for sport riding, maybe a dual-sport for some off-roading, and a classic Shovel or CB750 would be great to tinker on. The biggest problem is, I've been trading bikes about every two years and it's getting expensive.

I am trying to sort out a bike that will keep me satisfied for a longer time. Right now I'm leaning towards a light bagger like a Road King, Heritage, or FLSTF w/bags.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Old 02-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

EVERYBODY has this issue. We all want a whole stable of bikes & very few of us can afford it. Welcome to bike obsession.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Motorbones
Road Master

Nope. I'd really like to have two Harleys, but I can't have two until I pay for one and one is a enormously better than having none. I picked what would give the most overall. I'll ebentually have the second. Since I have a touring bike, I'll probably own a dynay next.... maybe...

If you're having trouble with only owning one, then you might consider a really good 12 step program or a second job...

Old 02-21-2011, 12:03 AM
R-Jay
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have two and its not enough! Have a '67FLB and a '08FXDC. I want a '09 or newer Road King AND a new 883 Super Low! Can NEVER have too many bikes!

Old 02-21-2011, 12:26 AM
CapnAdventure
Outstanding HDF Member

The only other bike I really want is a Road King, or maybe a Street Glide, or or maybe an ElectraGlide Ultra or, or .....

Old 02-21-2011, 01:12 AM
dking909
Tourer

Be grateful for what you have

Old 02-21-2011, 04:36 AM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Gypsylady
EVERYBODY has this issue. We all want a whole stable of bikes & very few of us can afford it. Welcome to bike obsession.

Been obsessed since 11, I have had more than one bike in the garage at one time, none of them harleys. Now that my choice in bike drugs, Harleys, has gone up I would for sure want another, but for right now I am very happy with the one bike I have. I traded in 2 goldwings for it and it was the best move I have ever made.

If I had the money, I would not work, and I would just ride the one I have. Everyday all day, everywhere and in between.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:17 AM
lp johnny
Road Captain

Yep...Ocd..

Old 02-21-2011, 05:25 AM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you cant have the one you want .... love the one your with ( Stephen Stills )

Old 02-21-2011, 05:52 AM
hdridernate
Cruiser
Talking

I have 2 and a 1/4, and thats still not enough.
I'd like to get a 3rd once i get back stateside in 2014.
Currently serving overseas in UK w/ my '10 Fat Bob,
'99 Sporty, and '77 Shovel engine rebuild (my 1/4 of a bike)!

Quick Reply: Bike sl*t (no pics and it's not what you think)