General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tunnel accident - NYC

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Egroeg
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tunnel accident - NYC

ride safe guys. this happened yesterday and the guy was lucky to be alive. WEAR YOUR HELMET! I don't know who is at fault. but If I were the rider I wouldn't put myself in between buses.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...-rss&FEEDNAME=

more photos

Old 02-25-2011, 12:38 PM
RussianMonk
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow that's insane. He is VERY lucky to be alive.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:45 PM
y2kflhr
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

not for nothing, the guy is an ahole for that kind of stupidity in the tunnel in rush hour traffic....I am no saint, but at 46 he should know better than cutting off a bus....really just a dick in my opinion....that said I hope he is ok..

Old 02-25-2011, 12:49 PM
Brewtality
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

The entrances to tunnels are f**king no-mans-land. There is no such thing as right of way, or even lanes. Everyone is just cluster-f**king to the entrance.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:05 PM
y2kflhr
Road Captain

Originally Posted by OdiousBarbarian
The entrances to tunnels are f**king no-mans-land. There is no such thing as right of way, or even lanes. Everyone is just cluster-f**king to the entrance.
I have been known to ride on the sidewalk to get into and out of the tunnels! that long bend around to the holland is a nightmare! it sounds as though he was changing lanes in the tunnel hard to tell, that is just dumbass imo, I am not saying I don't lane split and do what I have to to get into the tunnel, just need to behave IN the tunnel

Old 02-25-2011, 03:29 PM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member

Actually, maybe you should be telling all the people on the buses to wear a helmet, as they are the ones that got head injuries. The motorcycle dude had his helmet on. I haven't seen any video of the motorcyclist driving, but I do know from the report it appears the second bus was following to close because it rear-ended the other bus causing it to run over the motorcyclist.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:54 PM
y2kflhr
Road Captain

Originally Posted by WVHogRider
Actually, maybe you should be telling all the people on the buses to wear a helmet, as they are the ones that got head injuries. The motorcycle dude had his helmet on. I haven't seen any video of the motorcyclist driving, but I do know from the report it appears the second bus was following to close because it rear-ended the other bus causing it to run over the motorcyclist.
"The tube wasn't reopened until early afternoon.
Tunnel surveillance video shows Nystrom swerving between lanes before the crash, sources said."

hard to say what happened but my experience with the tunnels and buses is that he probably jumped between the buses and then traffic stopped quickly leaving not enough space for all three vehicles.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:47 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

I have already moved two of these threads to Off Topic where they belong, but I'm just going to lock this one.