General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turtle wax 'black paint' detail spray?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 03:27 PM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 137 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Turtle wax 'black paint' detail spray?

I was going to post this in the Detailing forum but figured it might get more traffic here.

I was at Advanced Auto yesterday, and saw a bottle of detail spray on the shelf made by Turle wax for black paint. I am guessing this is included in that Turtle Wax black box for waxing black cars but not sure.

I do like to use spray detailer on my pearl black glide between washings... I am wondering what is so magical about this new (to me anyway) Turtle Wax detailer thats made especially for black vehicles.

Snake oil or worth checking out? I looked at it but didn't buy it, so I'm leaning toward snake oil myself but wondering...

Old 04-03-2011, 09:47 PM
J2X
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Bought a bottle today to detail out Lexus and have to say it is am impressive product. Will use it next on the vivid black RKC. Real nice shine.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:08 AM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 137 Likes on 56 Posts

thanks for your reply... perfect timing too... just picked up my black dually truck last friday that was painted BLACK and got it all back together this weekend. I'm going to pick up a bottle of this stuff and try until the paint can take some real wax. then I'll use it on my black pearl bike.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:02 AM
Kanebanger
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up a bottle of the black detailer along with the black box a few months ago that I was planning on using on my truck. A few weeks ago I picked up my RKC in vivid black, and since the weather here has been so crappy lately I had plenty of time to give it a full detail. I tried the black box first and was not happy with the results at all. There are swirl marks in the clear coat from where the previous owner must have used paper towels during fill-ups to wipe away spills . The black box seemed to make the swirls stand out even more, and overall the bike had a cloudy look to it as opposed to the nice shine that I'm used to seeing once I get done waxing. I kept the bottle of black detailer (I like to use a spray in-between full details) but I personally don't have very high hopes for it.