General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unlock security system

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 07:07 PM
u00jla3
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unlock security system

Hi Everyone,

I need some help. I have a 2008 Softtail deluxe and have the fob and am unable to remember how to unlock my security system. Can't find my owners manual (as usual). I set the code when I purchased my bike. The battery went dead. I unhooked it, charged it, hooked back up but cannot start. Lights flashing. Can anyone tell me the sequence to unlock again?

Tks J

Old 03-12-2011, 07:26 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

if you have the fob, but it is still not allowing you to start the bike, then knowing the procedure to recover your override code is not going to work either as you have to have a functioning fob. your best bet would be to go up to the store and pick up a 2032 watch battery and replace it in your fob.

after you do that, to recover/change your code, follow this procedure:

ignition: turn on, off, on, off, on
left turn signal: press 3 times
right turn signal: press 1 time

at this time, your present code will be flashing in the odometer, to change it, you cycle the digit with the left turn signal, and enter with the right. after you change all 5 numbers, you're done.

again, you have to have the fob with you and working to do this. now if you have an idea what your code is and want to give it a shot, try this:

ignition: on
turn signals: press both at the same time until you have dashes flashing in the odometer (only takes a couple of secs)
left turn signal: cycles through the digits
right turn signal: enters the selected digit, and moves to the next number

if you did it right, it'll work. if the lights just start flashing, you did it wrong, or you remembered the number wrong.

either way, i would get a new battery for the fob, and then change your code to something that you will remember. and it doesn't hurt to practice the override procedure every now and again so that if you lose your fob on the road, you aren't stuck in bfe.

Old 03-12-2011, 07:30 PM
airforceacop
2nd Gear

I'm so glad this was posted......I thought today that I'd try my code...just to see if I remembered it....nope I forgot...good thing I made it the same on both bikes too!....saved me a search on how to recover the code! thanks

Last edited by airforceacop; 03-12-2011 at 07:31 PM. Reason: cause I got bad grammer!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Just take it back to the owner you stole it from and ask him. He might have "your" owners manual too.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:33 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 813 Likes on 799 Posts

So mush for keeping records... I find it hard to believe that org owners loose all the records and books on the bike...

IT SAID TO KEEP THE BOOK in a SAFE PLACE......... maybe that was for a reason....

Old 03-13-2011, 12:23 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
So mush for keeping records... I find it hard to believe that org owners loose all the records and books on the bike...

IT SAID TO KEEP THE BOOK in a SAFE PLACE......... maybe that was for a reason....
i don't find it hard to believe that he 'forgot' his code. i didn't write mine down, did you? i know some folks have never even set their code. so i don't find his story so unbelievable.

but like i said, if you have a working fob, it is a simple process to retrieve your code, and change it to something you can remember......

Old 03-13-2011, 09:31 AM
handyhoward
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by other sheep
just take it back to the owner you stole it from and ask him. He might have "your" owners manual too.

big plus 10 on this!!!

Old 03-13-2011, 09:43 AM
bbach
Cruiser

C'mon boys and girls. Every bike owners manual that has a security system came with a wallet card with full instructions on how to disable your security system. You simply put it in your wallet and forget about it until you need it if ever. Why do I feel like I'm talking to my teenage daughter? Now if you lost your wallet too, well I give up. Sell the Harley and get a Honda.