General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got duped

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 09:25 AM
harry223
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry got duped

Payed 325 for paul yaffe originals from direct harley parts, did not receive bars . Talked to him twice, said he has trouble with Paul Yaffe deliveries. Ordered on Feb 20. Has anybody had problems with this guy "Frank'. Direct Harley Parts is a sub of DHP Motorsports in Corina Ca. Thanks Harry223.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:36 PM
scottburns8ball
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had been looking at Yaffe bars, but everywhere I tried to buy, they were backordered. I gave up and went with something else. BUT, I feel like I'm getting jacked around by HCC. Took 2 weeks for them to send me the WRONG barsand clutch cable. Gotta wait until tomorrow to talk to them to get this fixed. Had hoped to have my new bagger apes this weekend. I went with Cyclesmith's 13 inch.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:30 AM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor
Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Hello All!

Hello All!

First off, I would like to introduce myself.
My name is Dan and I am new here to Direct Harley Parts.
Direct Harley Parts just changed ownership as of Sept 6th, 2011.
We are an entire new team here to assist you and to bring you the
best parts at a great price! No clubs, no memberships,
no waiting, no gimmicks.

Direct Harley Parts had to reorganize and get a real plan in place.
As some of you may know, Direct Harley Parts had some logistical errors
when notifying customers of back orders, out of stock products, etc.
While over 98% of our customers were satisfied, and had their parts on time, the operation
led to disaster for for the rest.
At Direct Harley Parts we strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction.
Anything less is unacceptable.

A few things that our new team is striving to change:
-You will be notified if a part is not in stock, discontinued, back ordered within 24 hours
-All International/APO/HI & AK customers will be notified of any additional shipping charges with in 24 hours
-Solid communication between the customer and our team including a new Live Chat feature to reach myself as well as others
almost all hours of the day.

A few perks we have added to show our appreciation to our customers:
-New lower minimum for Free Shipping @ $149
-New lower price for all orders below the minimum @ $7.95
-New Live Chat
-New warehouse with an additional 20,000 parts in stock for a total of over 50,000 in stock parts
-Most Parts now ship same day
-Coming Soon: Free gifts with every order
-Coming Soon: 10,000 + added parts to the website for 24/7 ordering
-Coming Soon: CycleWheelPros - Wheel motorcycle expert team to give you all the info you need when purchasing
new wheels, tires, rotors, pulleys, and more. Offering almost every wheel and tire manufacturer in the Nation!

These are just a few of the thing we are changing here at Direct Harley Parts.
We are excited to get this thing started and know that with our team of customer service experts, and our prices,
that we can bring you the best in the industry!

I will be here on the forums from now on to answer any questions/concerns anyone may have.
Feel free to chat with me via our Live Chat from our site or send me a message/PM here on the forums.

Thank you for your time.

-Dan

Old 09-09-2011, 03:52 AM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello Dan. I have been a part of this forum for 2 weeks and this is the 3rd thread I have seen with an unsatisfied customer. You have alot of work ahead of you. Good luck. Since you're here I have an 08 96ci street bob with blacked out lights i need 4 bulbs for turn signals and would like a twin headlight. Pm me a quote. Thanks

Old 09-09-2011, 03:53 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Dan,
I am sorry if it seems like I am calling you out, I would like to give everybody a chance... but in your post here, it sounds like self promotion only. Not once had I seen where you addressed the situation concerning your customer who generated this thread. I would have looked at this a lot more open minded had you made a post stating that you intend to take care of the situation, even better, if you had left it personal and given Harry a phone call or at least a private message. But to reply in a thread that is in apparent regards to a dissatisfied customer and promote specials really is poor customer service. Just my $0.02 here. I wish you the best of luck, both of you, but this does not reflect well on your company, even if it is under new ownership.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:11 AM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Agree with
T M P..

Old 09-09-2011, 05:33 AM
cigarowens
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TennesseeMustangPerf
Hi Dan,
I am sorry if it seems like I am calling you out, I would like to give everybody a chance... but in your post here, it sounds like self promotion only. Not once had I seen where you addressed the situation concerning your customer who generated this thread. I would have looked at this a lot more open minded had you made a post stating that you intend to take care of the situation, even better, if you had left it personal and given Harry a phone call or at least a private message. But to reply in a thread that is in apparent regards to a dissatisfied customer and promote specials really is poor customer service. Just my $0.02 here. I wish you the best of luck, both of you, but this does not reflect well on your company, even if it is under new ownership.
JMO but I'm going to give DHP the benifit of the doubt... the OP was from March, while I do believe they should contact harry223 directly, their is no need to make a public display of trying to contact him thru this forum.

Hopefully DHP is going to follow thru on this improved customer service plan.... time will tell if they are ernest in this or just blowing smoke!

Just my 2 cents worth.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:39 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by direct_harley_parts
Hello All!

First off, I would like to introduce myself.
My name is Dan and I am new here to Direct Harley Parts.
Direct Harley Parts just changed ownership as of Sept 6th, 2011.
We are an entire new team here to assist you and to bring you the
best parts at a great price! No clubs, no memberships,
no waiting, no gimmicks.

Direct Harley Parts had to reorganize and get a real plan in place.
As some of you may know, Direct Harley Parts had some logistical errors
when notifying customers of back orders, out of stock products, etc.
While over 98% of our customers were satisfied, and had their parts on time, the operation
led to disaster for for the rest.
At Direct Harley Parts we strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction.
Anything less is unacceptable.

A few things that our new team is striving to change:
-You will be notified if a part is not in stock, discontinued, back ordered within 24 hours
-All International/APO/HI & AK customers will be notified of any additional shipping charges with in 24 hours
-Solid communication between the customer and our team including a new Live Chat feature to reach myself as well as others
almost all hours of the day.

A few perks we have added to show our appreciation to our customers:
-New lower minimum for Free Shipping @ $149
-New lower price for all orders below the minimum @ $7.95
-New Live Chat
-New warehouse with an additional 20,000 parts in stock for a total of over 50,000 in stock parts
-Most Parts now ship same day
-Coming Soon: Free gifts with every order
-Coming Soon: 10,000 + added parts to the website for 24/7 ordering
-Coming Soon: CycleWheelPros - Wheel motorcycle expert team to give you all the info you need when purchasing
new wheels, tires, rotors, pulleys, and more. Offering almost every wheel and tire manufacturer in the Nation!

These are just a few of the thing we are changing here at Direct Harley Parts.
We are excited to get this thing started and know that with our team of customer service experts, and our prices,
that we can bring you the best in the industry!

I will be here on the forums from now on to answer any questions/concerns anyone may have.
Feel free to chat with me via our Live Chat from our site or send me a message/PM here on the forums.

Thank you for your time.

-Dan
Dan,

Besides your long advertising message, would you care answering the OP's post? He paid for his stuff 6 months ago and still hasn't received anything.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:01 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Around here Dan they call that post spam..............

Old 09-09-2011, 06:38 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,187 Likes on 2,454 Posts

the original post was from march. if the op has not gotten the situation resolved by now, i don't think anything short of a new bike would make him happy.....

i think dan here is just trying to inform people that, hopefully, this type of thing won't happen in the future, and that anything that happened in the past was under 'old' ownership.

i think maybe he deserves a break. let his actions from here on out speak for them.

Quick Reply: got duped