General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eagle Rider: Las Vegas, NV

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 08:05 PM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Eagle Rider: Las Vegas, NV

OK, so my boss is sending me to Vegas next month for a 3 day convention. Thinking about scheduling some vacation time on the tail end. Contemplating renting an EG from Eagle rider for about 7 days and do some serious miles. Cost is about $1100 with unlimited miles. Anyone have any comments about Eagle Rider or this plan? Nice routes with awesome scenery?

Old 03-14-2011, 09:16 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't help with the rental although I have seen others on here that have done it. I seem to recall it was a positive experience?

April is great time out here and the riding/scenery options are endless. Grand Canyon, Sedona, Prescott, Jerome. Or maybe head up into Utah? Or drop into Cali and through Death Valley, then............lots of options and all of them great riding.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Pmariner
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rented from them last year for a day to ride thru Red Rock Canyon. They have a large selection of bikes. In decent shape and a little bit cheaper .than renting from Harley dealership

Old 03-14-2011, 11:01 PM
Captain Bligh
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Tell them you don't like the price and ask for a better one. It worked for me, and I had a great time.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:52 PM
dcgray2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7 years ago...

7 years ago some friends and I went out for a wedding and rented Harley's for the day (I had only rode friends bikes before this).

We rode from the Harley dealer (can't remember which one) up through the city through Red Rock Canyon, out to the Valley of Fire painted desert, through it and down past Lake Las Vegas and back into the city.

It was an all day casual ride (It's about 200 miles) with sightseeing and stops and was a total blast. Just watch out for the wild burros at Red Rock Canyon, they sometimes walk out in front of you. I know from experience.

Have fun!

Old 03-15-2011, 12:54 AM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Eagle Rider is pretty good, I know one of the mechanics, so I'm a little biased. But my buddy was here a while back and he rented from them. He rented a SG, newer bike, no problems.

Note of caution....arrive very early in the morning to pick up your bike. And that still doesn't guarantee you'll be leaving the place anytime soon. If the bike you rented arrives late the night before, the mechanics still have to give it the once over before letting it go out the next day - which can take an hour or two. It's always busy, so arrive early anyway.

As far as riding. Grab a map, and point the bike north, south, east or west. Seriously, anywhere out of the city is literally open road with great riding....Valley of Fire, Red Rock, Death Valley, around Laughlin, Route 66, Mt Charleston...just google map any of those places, you'll see. And you'll see other bikes every where you go. And, almost any direction you can make a 100 to 300 mile loop back into town, without having to double back on the same hwy.

Two cool biker bars outside of town are Mtn Springs and Pioneer Saloon.

Last edited by Jack Straw; 03-15-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:46 PM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for all the info. I definitely will want to go through Prescott and Cottonwood, as I am contemplating retiring around there. I don't want to hang around Vegas at all. I will have 6 or 7 days of riding around. Should I be concerned about snow in the higher elevations around Grand Canyon? It will be mid April.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 615 Likes on 384 Posts

I rented from Eagle Rider-LV last year. Toured Red Rock Canyon and Hoover Dam. I had a good experience, and the bike was well maintained. The suggestion above to arrive early is a good one. It took me over an hour to get set up and on the road.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:29 PM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I rented from Las Vegas Harley back in Jan. The whole rental process took 15 minutes top. 2011 Ultra Classic. Did the Red Rock Canyon and Hoover Dam.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:14 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by howitzer88
Thanks for all the info. I definitely will want to go through Prescott and Cottonwood, as I am contemplating retiring around there. I don't want to hang around Vegas at all. I will have 6 or 7 days of riding around. Should I be concerned about snow in the higher elevations around Grand Canyon? It will be mid April.
Doubtful there will be snow, unless you try San Francisco Peaks and then there is always snow. LOL I think the south rim are would be clear but could get chilly still so have layers.

Prescott is great area and there is a truly fantastic back route into Wikieup (will have to go to map and look it up), then south to Cave Creek or north to Kingman, Oatman, Laughlin. Have you checked out the US' most vertical city Jerome? Just west of Cottonwood/Sedona and a great stop. There is an old hotel on the corner you can stay at and if you like to stay up late; get the haunted room (or so they advertise) on the corner over the bar and the band.

Quick Reply: Eagle Rider: Las Vegas, NV