General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security Code

Old 03-28-2011, 04:35 PM
pxmartin
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security Code

I bought my bike used with no owners manual or security system manual. I have read that it is possible to for different settings on the alarm and the possibility of making a code for it if the key fob is not present. Since I don't have the code from the previous owner, is it still possible to reset the code and make my own? Is there somewhere I can get a manual for the alarm? I know i can get an owners manual for the bike, but haven't found an alarm owners manual. Thanks for your help.
Pete

Old 03-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Bodean46
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

My 01 has the procedure in the owners manual. Don't remember off the top of my head but not hard to do, just have to enter thru turn signal switches.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:07 PM
jdsmitty10
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was in the same boat when I bought my 07 used. Turned out the code was never set by the previous owner and was 00000. I found the procedure online and followed it to reset it to a number I wanted. I'm sure if u go to the dealer try could reset it if needed. Try all zeros though..I lucked out with it

Last edited by jdsmitty10; 03-28-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:28 PM
Mntsnow
Road Master

To reset/set your own security code you need to have your working FOB present at the bike.

If you do not have a working fob you will have to see your dealer to have them work their magic and you will be having to prove the bike is yours etc.

Have the handle bar kill switch in the on position prior to the start of the following procedure... REMEMBER YOU MUST HAVE A WORKING "MARRIED" FOB for THE BIKE IN QUESTION PRESENT TO DO THIS!!!

turn the main "key" switch in fairly fast cession. On Off On Off ON and then hit the left turn signal switch 3 times quickly and then the Right turn signal switch 1 time (all of the above needs to happen in under like 5 seconds. Then in the Odometer window it will show you the current code with the first digit blinking......

If you choose to Not change it just turn the key switch off.....If you choose to change it you press the left turn switch to increase the numbers 1 thru 9 so if it was an 8 and you wanted a 2 you would hit the switch 3 times to advance it to a blinking 2 then hit the right turn switch to move to the next digit and then do the same as above and so forth till you have all 5 digits entered and are back to the first digit blinking (do all of the above in under 60 seconds) and exit the system by turning off the key switch. Wait for the security system to do it's thing (the blinking both turn signals like it does when arming) before turning the key switch back on or you might have to redo the full procedure again....

BTW there is no such code as 00000 (only 1 thru 9).

If you need to start your bike without your fob present.
With the handle bar kill switch in the RUN position prior to the start of the procedure.
Turn ignition ON and then immediately hold BOTH turn signal switches until the turnsignals flash and the Odometer shows the - - - - - hash marks. Then enter your code the number with the left turn signal switch and then the right switch moves you to the next slot keep doing this until you have your code entered and it must be done quickly (like under 30 seconds) start to finish making sure you hit the right turnsignal switch after inputting the 5 digit with the left switch at which time the the security icon should stop flashing and you will be able to start the bike. Remember this is a single start procedure...you will have to redo each time you shut off the bike until you find or replace your fob.

Last edited by Mntsnow; 03-28-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:00 PM
jdsmitty10
Road Captain

BTW there is no such code as 00000 (only 1 thru 9).

Must of been 11111 then. I know it was easy to guess. Lucked out

Old 03-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Take it back to the guy you stole it from and ask him. I'm sure he'll be happy to help you in any way he can.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Mntsnow
Road Master

As stated you have to have a working fob to do any of the above.

If no working fob then you have to take it to the dealer and prove you own it and they can help fix the issues

Old 03-28-2011, 09:51 PM
CasaWolves
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 146 Posts

And may I add, pls learn it, do it and have it ready.....learn from the fools like me who didnt do it and ended up "disabled" without a clue.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Tuffstang
Cruiser
Default security

Pete what year is your bike? I found the instructions for the older push style FOB security system. You can try adding the radio shack siren if you don't have the HD one installed. I have an 06 SB. Try adding what year, location and sig to your account.

Here you go. http://www.harley-davidson-sweden.se...ring/fe03a.pdf

Old 03-28-2011, 11:42 PM
RiverWolf
Road Warrior

No code.
No Fob
First post.
And you guys help him start this bike?
Just saying.
Maybe you are ok, Pete. Maybe you stole it too?
Just saying.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Security Code