General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are your monthly payments looking like if you bought from the dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 12:15 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by garand
Only the ignorant brag about a credit score. I mean an "I Love Debt Score." You can live paycheck to paycheck and have a high FICO. "Wealth isn't what you spend, it's what you don't spend."

...and I'm out of here. You can't convince a man against his will. Don't you people ever read? Try the millionaire mind or millionaire next door? Learn to budget or something.
so people with good credit don't know how to budget now?

Old 04-25-2011, 12:17 PM
EVO80
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So if you are so financially secure, knowledgeable, and responsible and don't want to hear our opinions, then why are you asking an elementary question about payments on a message board? The way you stated your original post tells me you are clueless and will do what you want anyway.
No offense, but the original post was asking about expected monthly payments, not opinions on whether the OP should purchase the bike or not using credit. Based on his comments he can evidently afford the payments, won't be jeopardizing his livelihood or the welfare of others and is young enough, if worse comes to worse, to make a financial mistake and have time to learn from it and recover.

Sorry, but personally I can't understand the need for the financial lesson and an attack on his decision.

OP - to answer your question, with 10% to 20% down and little credit history you can probably expect to pay, as stated before, between $300 and $450. Buy the bike, ride the heck out of it and make your payments on time plus send in a little extra each month if possible. Pay it off as quickly as you can, build your credit history, and enjoy the summer riding your HD!!

Old 04-25-2011, 12:19 PM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Only the ignorant brag about a credit score. I mean an "I Love Debt Score." You can live paycheck to paycheck and have a high FICO. "Wealth isn't what you spend, it's what you don't spend."

...and I'm out of here. You can't convince a man against his will. Don't you people ever read? Try the millionaire mind or millionaire next door? Learn to budget or something.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:20 PM
schumacher
Club Member

Originally Posted by EVO80
Sorry, but personally I can't understand the need for the financial lesson and an attack on his decision.
exactly.
everytime someone in here asks a financing question, someone will jump in and say pay cash or yer stupid.

not all of us are rich like all you cash payers

Old 04-25-2011, 12:21 PM
blackmetal415
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EVO80
No offense, but the original post was asking about expected monthly payments, not opinions on whether the OP should purchase the bike or not using credit. Based on his comments he can evidently afford the payments, won't be jeopardizing his livelihood or the welfare of others and is young enough, if worse comes to worse, to make a financial mistake and have time to learn from it and recover.

OP - to answer your question, with 10% to 20% down and little credit history you can probably expect to pay, as stated before, between $300 and $450. Buy the bike, ride the heck out of it and make your payments on time plus send in a little extra each month if possible. Pay it off as quickly as you can, build your credit history, and enjoy the summer riding your HD!!
thank you thats all i was asking and nice bike

Old 04-25-2011, 12:23 PM
schumacher
Club Member

by the way, welcome to the forum blackmetal. it's a very silly place

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfGpVcdqeS0

Old 04-25-2011, 12:29 PM
blackmetal415
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

schumacher thanks and nice bike i am liking the rims on it

Old 04-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Ovaltine Jenkins
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If one manages to get a 0% interest loan, then financing is smarter than paying cash up front due to inflation. This is true for any loan rate below the inflation rate.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:21 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Markymannn
$350-$400 a month. Plug some numbers in this

http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/...alculator.aspx

If you got no credit and need a loan for a bike. Buy cheaper/used
Seems a little high. I bought used for about $10K and got payments under $200 a month. My trade in was basically worth nothing (still owed more than its value), but I think they pumped it up a little to get me the payments I wanted.

Always plenty of grandmotherly advice on this forum when credit, helmets, etc., are mentioned. I'm glad these minvan commanders don't really ride Harleys, so I never run into them in real life.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:25 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

Zero. I have a policy for buying toys. If you can not afford to pay cash, you should not buy them. If you can make a certain payment then simply put that amount away each month until you can buy it. It's called discipline. Also, the cost of ownership is many thousands of dollars lower.

And here is my "real life" Harley's for those that make ignorant comments.

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 2097
Size:  15.8 KB

Last edited by lh4x4; 04-25-2011 at 01:29 PM.

Quick Reply: What are your monthly payments looking like if you bought from the dealer?