General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LLoud obnoxious bikes

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 02:48 PM
desertrideryz
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SurfGuitar141
If my loud pipes are annoying someone in a car or truck, then "I" know "they" know I'm there, and will hopefully avoid me, making me safer..........
That's why i like loud pipes.right after i got my bike. a cager passed me on the interstate a coming over over in my lane. wasn't till i kicked his passanger door he didnt know i was there.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:50 PM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My reinharts are fairly load, but I think the difference is that I make sure it takes me more that 7 seconds to get thru all the gears, just saying.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:01 PM
chamokie
Supporter
Received 241 Likes on 106 Posts

Gotta love the small % of peeps that insist on ruining it for the rest of us
I agree 100%, these are the people who will complain because they rev'd the bike next to the wrong person. This is how noise legislation gets going. Once introduced it snow *****. Do your revving out in the open where you dont bother the next guy. What is music to you is NOT music to me, so if the person on the street really wants to make his own "noise" he will call his representative and everyone pays the price.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:39 PM
wheel752
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

loud pipes don't bother me... It's all those cars and trailers at Sturgis.... Now that's annoying!!!

Old 04-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Stubby3492
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not just the volume of the pipes that is annoying. I don't mind the sound of a Thunder header with a deep rumble, but the ones with the short straight pipes that have that real trebley crackle like a popcorn machine I find very annoying. They don't even sound powerful, they just sound like really friggin loud Briggs & Stratton. These will do damage to your hearing.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jcallesano
your bike cant possibly be that loud while idling....
You never know. My Sportster had a set of Screamin' Eagle slip ons and I don't know what the previous owner did to them but they were loud. One time, my co-worker and I were leaving (he rides a 2010 Fat Boy Lo) and forgot something back at our office so he went back to get it. Our office is about 300 yards away and there is a small rise with about 2-3 very large, low, buidings between it and where the bikes are parked.

When he got back he told me, "You know how loud your bike is? When I came out of our office I could hear your bike, at idle, from our front door!"

I made people turn up their radios and roll up their windows at stoplights just idling.

Because of this I was always doing everything I could to minimize the noise. I wouldn't rev my bike unless it was to pull away from a stop and I would try to short shift if in heavy traffic. I just don't get the guys that have to rev their bike as they are walking it through a parking lot or sitting at a light.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:05 PM
wyndnface
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,131 Likes on 1,055 Posts

Well since this is a behachin session.
It's the Harleys with sweepers. Either; when you end up next to them on the exhaust side or they pass you. Blowin all the crap on the road on me and my bike.

teamster

Old 04-26-2011, 04:17 PM
cwhite6
Tourer

Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
qft!!!
I know alot of web lingo, but what does qft mean?

Old 04-26-2011, 04:18 PM
cwhite6
Tourer

Originally Posted by RHPAW
Aw crap, I hope you don't expect me to continue to do that stuff in a Nissan Leaf. That will just look stupid.
If you can look bada$$ in a Nissan Leaf, go right ahead and pimp that mother.

Old 04-26-2011, 04:19 PM
Bdobb
Cruiser

Originally Posted by chamokie
I agree 100%, these are the people who will complain because they rev'd the bike next to the wrong person. This is how noise legislation gets going. Once introduced it snow *****. Do your revving out in the open where you dont bother the next guy. What is music to you is NOT music to me, so if the person on the street really wants to make his own "noise" he will call his representative and everyone pays the price.
I'll jump on this bandwagon. The people who are obnoxious on their bikes are probably just as obnoxious off of them-you're not going to change them. They feel they have a right to "share" with others who don't want it. Think that type wouldn't mind someone pissing on his shoe at a public urinal?

Quick Reply: LLoud obnoxious bikes