General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LLoud obnoxious bikes

Old 04-26-2011, 01:03 PM
doer
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,385 Likes on 2,344 Posts
Default LLoud obnoxious bikes

I have owned all types of bikes over the years and love them all...but it just occured to me this weekend that the majority of bikes that disturb the peace are crotch rockets. I guess because they ring out every rpm in every gear. SouthPark should do another episode.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:09 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 813 Likes on 799 Posts

IN our town seems like the kids corral every weekend, about 20-40 of them, and run around town all day on there CR's.
Get that many kids together and U don't have many brains working,, just young male Testosterone trying to out do each other.

Seems like every stop light 1/2 of them either do burn outs or wheelies down the street.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:12 PM
sageone
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep saw a kid riding one wearing shorts and a pair of flip-flops.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:12 PM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I think there's enough responsibility to go around. Yes, sport bikes do contribute, but let's notforget our brothers with straight pipes, FatCats and ThunderHeaders. Then there's the Monster Trucks and cars with Boom Boom stereos.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:17 PM
cwhite6
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Around here the V-twins that are noisy far, far outweigh the rockets. We as a motorcycling community really need to avoid jumping on another person just because of what they ride. Reminds me of the boat vs jet ski arguments. I have personelly seen just as many dummy HD riders as crotchrocket riders. Especially the look at me I am such a bada$$ for riding a Harley folks. I have seen really loud sportbikes and some not so loud. Blanket statements about one segment of the riding community is really bad practice. Like saying everyone that drives a HD is out to rape, pillage and scare children.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:23 PM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,099 Likes on 1,490 Posts

Originally Posted by cwhite6
around here the v-twins that are noisy far, far outweigh the rockets. We as a motorcycling community really need to avoid jumping on another person just because of what they ride. Reminds me of the boat vs jet ski arguments. I have personelly seen just as many dummy hd riders as crotchrocket riders. Especially the look at me i am such a bada$$ for riding a harley folks. I have seen really loud sportbikes and some not so loud. Blanket statements about one segment of the riding community is really bad practice. Like saying everyone that drives a hd is out to rape, pillage and scare children.
qft!!!

I'm in an area where Harleys are the majority, since I'm in between a couple of the regions bigger biker bars.
There are folks of all types....on every type of bike. People are people...if you get a 100 people together, there will be folks of all types. Bikes are bikes...they are an inanimate object, it takes a PERSON to change the bike make it do things and take actions, have loud pipes, do burnouts, etc.

Although I'll say, if someone feels the need to disturb the peace...the biggest weapon is a Harley without baffles...metric sport bikes can get loud, but nothing can touch an HD for making people cringe and cover their ears with a look of disgust.

Last edited by YeOldeStonecat; 04-26-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:39 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,712 Likes on 6,181 Posts

Originally Posted by cwhite6
.... Like saying everyone that drives a HD is out to rape, pillage and scare children.
Aw crap, I hope you don't expect me to continue to do that stuff in a Nissan Leaf. That will just look stupid.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:48 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i am one of the ******** but i am a nice one when i am next to a person at a stop light i will actually turn off bike until green light i would hate being next to my bike with window rolled down, but thats the way its going to stay

Old 04-26-2011, 01:49 PM
ttboy
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just like my Metal music...if my Thunderheader is too loud your too old

Old 04-26-2011, 01:56 PM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am loud and love it. The 1200 C is not too bad, just slip on's, but my XL50 has open Martin Bro's pipes and I LOVE IT! I have had a few bikes that were not loud and I did not enjoy them as much. I had a 2000 CNR600F4 with full race exhaust and other mods and that sucker was LOUD LOUD. I Say who cares and just let people have fun wi th their rides.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LLoud obnoxious bikes