General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BCT Baffles: Which One and Is It Worth It?

Old 11-18-2010, 08:24 AM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default BCT Baffles: Which One and Is It Worth It?

Hey all,

I have an 02 883C Sportster with stage 1 w/ Vance and Hines Straight Shots. I would like to gain a bit more performance and get a deeper sound out of my exhaust.

I've heard about BCT Baffles. I contacted them, and they said I have the choice between their original baffles and their new QQ ones. Would you recommend one over the other? I do want my pipes to sound better and gain some HP, and from the short description there is on their website, I can't really tell the difference except that the QQ is quieter.

Are BCT baffles worth it, meaning bucks for an increase in HP and better sounding pipes?

Thanks for your feedback.

Vinny.

P.S. Would you say that replacing baffles is something not too hard for a not-so-experienced guy with mechanic?

Last edited by Voony; 11-18-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:18 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 967 Likes on 730 Posts

At one point I had V&H slip ons and installed the QQ baffles. It was a much deeper sound than the stock baffles and even the V&H quiet baffles. I also went with the QQs to get a little more back pressure, and would still have them but went with Cycle Shacks.
Installation is simple, you need to drill a 1/4" hole in the muffler body and bolt them in.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:47 PM
DYJ
Road Captain

I have the original set in my SEII slip ons. I don't regret buying them at all. The originals are loud though. Much louder than my buddies Night Train with V&H 2:1 big radius.

Also they are a great company to work with... I got the feeling it is a smaller mom and pop kinda crew making a good product in USA. I like that

Old 11-18-2010, 12:58 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

I had both & like the QQ's better. They are as loud as the originals but less crackle & more subwofer

Old 11-18-2010, 01:00 PM
DYJ
Road Captain

I have the original set in my SEII slip ons. I don't regret buying them at all. The originals are loud though. Much louder than my buddies Night Train with V&H 2:1 big radius. I didn't notice any major performance changes, maybe a little.. but maybe that just cause I wanted to noice some. Definatly a noticable difference in sound, a much better tone. Super easy install. I din't even have to drill holes

Also they are a great company to work with... I got the feeling it is a smaller mom and pop kinda crew making a good product in USA. I like that

Old 11-18-2010, 03:24 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DYJ
I have the original set in my SEII slip ons. I don't regret buying them at all. The originals are loud though. Much louder than my buddies Night Train with V&H 2:1 big radius. I didn't notice any major performance changes, maybe a little.. but maybe that just cause I wanted to noice some. Definatly a noticable difference in sound, a much better tone. Super easy install. I din't even have to drill holes

So it just makes the pipes sound better...doesn't really increase performance eh? Oh, I like better sounding pipes too lol.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Denny69
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some people think they're going to get 10 more HP from some baffles.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:03 PM
RHillbilly
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the originals they do sound good

Old 11-18-2010, 08:18 PM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

You will get no performance increase. I sent a set to a reputable sponser here to test on the dyno. He sent them back and told me he recommended not to use them because there was a decrease in horsepower. BUT they sounded real good. My SG is pretty loud. Im not gonna sacrifice performance for a little more sound.

Last edited by brihvac; 11-19-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:00 PM
2KSport
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the org. in a set of samson long guns on a 2k converted sportster and am very pleased.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BCT Baffles: Which One and Is It Worth It?