General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Outlaw Brand Helmet DOT review

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 03:36 PM
fastalkintn
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I felt the same way as everyone else about the straps. I didn't like them at first but after a few rides they have softened up and are much easier to use. As for there size I have found my sunglasses stay in place better with the wider straps.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:42 PM
king dawg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cabon fiber half helmet AX300 something is much smaller. I recieved mine on Friday and it is the smallest DOT half helmet that I have found.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:17 PM
fasthatch
Novice

Thanks for the reviews. I have been looking into these.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:26 PM
micahpop
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You don't look stupid but you do look mad. Maybe you could crack a smile next time.

Thanks for taking the time to write up your review. It was informative.

Originally Posted by fastalkintn
Here are a couple of pics, don't laugh its hard to take pics of yourself and not look stupid doing it.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:44 PM
turkey
Cruiser

the carbon ax 300 series is way smaller. it's my go to helmet when it's nice outside. here is a pic

Attached Thumbnails My Outlaw Brand Helmet DOT review-imag0200.jpg  
Old 10-30-2011, 10:31 PM
jjwaller
Intermediate

Originally Posted by turkey
the carbon ax 300 series is way smaller. it's my go to helmet when it's nice outside. here is a pic
Are the y straps adjustable? Know it would help with my high speed lift off. It looks like a great helmet.

Old 10-31-2011, 04:00 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 814 Likes on 800 Posts

Hey,, thanks for the pics and review...

I am trying to find a lid that I like and its hard just looking on line to find the RIGHT one. I like to touch and put on what I buy...

I've looked at the one U bought and the CF one.. Dunt-know.

Ur face looks longer than most and I don't mean that to be negativity, I like the pic of the front view,, but the side view is not what I am looking for in a lid. Just me, seems a little high on the noggin.

I think one reason is I am leaning toward a polo more so than the Skid lid.. I prefer a lilttle more coverage on the side than what the beanies have to offer..

Anyway,, thanks for the post.

Old 10-31-2011, 04:20 PM
Stag556
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just purchased an Outlaw half helmet and I'm very impressed. Very nice helmet for the price!

Old 10-31-2011, 05:58 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,187 Likes on 2,454 Posts

Originally Posted by turkey
if you get the carbon fiber one, i don't recommend the one with the matte finish. at least not here in la. in the summer heat, the matte will soften up and get gooey/sticky..... i'm in the process of completely removing the finish and just leaving it glossy.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:12 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
if you get the carbon fiber one, i don't recommend the one with the matte finish. at least not here in la. in the summer heat, the matte will soften up and get gooey/sticky..... i'm in the process of completely removing the finish and just leaving it glossy.
I had a matte finish Outlaw that got sticky after much use also. How are you removing the finish? Finish problem or not, I sure got my 30 bucks out of that thing.

I have two others with no finish problems. Great helmets and I highly recommend. The silver metallic Outlaw skull cap is currently on sale for 20 bucks! I have one of those and it is a really nice helmet with a nice flake finish that looks much nicer in person.

Quick Reply: My Outlaw Brand Helmet DOT review