General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Skull Crush Helmets....opinions wanted...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 07:17 PM
SurfGuitar141
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skull Crush Helmets....opinions wanted...

This is not intended to be an argument about the safety of novelty helmets Vs. DOT helmets....PLEASE....... it's my head, and my choice....

I'm hoping to hear from those who own and wear Skull Crush helmets, I've read their spec's and a few reviews, so far I like what I've seen, but would like to hear from customers who actually have and use them for their opinions on their fit & finish, construction quality, weight, and fit.......

Thanks....

Old 06-12-2011, 10:06 PM
Dyna_in_the_works
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the skull crush 3/4 carbon kevlar helmet and I love it... super light weight, wicked low profile, fits very well and is constructed very well. The shipping was quick, and I got an offer for a discount on my next purchase. Its a bit pricey, but hey that's just the way it is. In my humble opinion, its worth the money.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:32 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a head trip carbon fiber that looks just like theirs and I really like it. Doesn't drag your head back like a DOT and still keeps the sun off. I usually wear it when wearing a helmet.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:12 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by brenn
I have a head trip carbon fiber that looks just like theirs and I really like it. Doesn't drag your head back like a DOT and still keeps the sun off. I usually wear it when wearing a helmet.

I wear a Head Trip helmet too and really like it. Depsite their issues with DOT regs, it's gotta be better than a lot of other foreign made crap. I say all this because I read on other sections of this Forum, that it is believed that perhaps Skull Crush bought Head Trip. I'm not sure, and no way to verify, just telling you what I read.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:57 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HD Street Bob

I wear a Head Trip helmet too and really like it. Depsite their issues with DOT regs, it's gotta be better than a lot of other foreign made crap. I say all this because I read on other sections of this Forum, that it is believed that perhaps Skull Crush bought Head Trip. I'm not sure, and no way to verify, just telling you what I read.
I was in Louisville Harley this weekend and they had an amazingly low-profile DOT helmet on the rack (they sell non-HD helmets). Turns out is was one of the old ACC/Head Trip helmets with DOT sticker. I guess nobody told them about the DOT issue.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:02 PM
SurfGuitar141
Tourer

Thanks for the input so far. I'm not aware of Head Trip lids, but will check them out as well.
I favor the German style, have an Outlaw (DOT) that's not bad, I use it for long trips, it sits high, catches the wind a little, but otherwise not a bad lid. I also have an old German style novelty lid I use for around town, short back road trips, parades and such. It's old and the lining is falling apart. I'm looking to replace it and the Skull Crush looks like it would fit the bill.......

Old 06-13-2011, 04:57 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 230 Likes on 145 Posts

I really like mine. Fit is great, quality is very good. You won't regret.

TedMan

Old 06-13-2011, 08:28 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Head Trip=Skull Crush. I picked up a SC a couple of months ago. It's solid, comfortable & small. I would recommend it!

Old 06-13-2011, 08:34 PM
SurfGuitar141
Tourer

Originally Posted by TedMan
I really like mine. Fit is great, quality is very good. You won't regret.

TedMan

Head Trip=Skull Crush. I picked up a SC a couple of months ago. It's solid, comfortable & small. I would recommend it!
Thanks guys, I went ahead and ordered one tonight, getting the German style in natural carbon fiber finish with the military grade quick disconnect.....

Old 06-13-2011, 10:43 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

Yeah, headtrip makes the helmets skull crush sells. They are fantastic helmets though, I have 2 extended half lids.

If anyone is going to order from headtrip or skull crush, pm me for a 10% discount code for each company

Quick Reply: Skull Crush Helmets....opinions wanted...