Been a while since I've been here but I thought I'd post my version of home remedy style bracket repair. I suspected one of them was broken so I took the cap off and found both of them broken in the usual place. My radio has been changing bands on me all by itself...I hope because of the excessive vibration from the broken brackets. Anyway, a trip to Lowe's for a couple of pieces of hardware( about 5 bucks worth) and my brackets are firmly attached...probably better than original. Gonna try to put a couple of photos up. One is the piece that breaks on the stock bracket. The other two are just the finished parts installed. I used some Loctitie 290(wicking grade) after the parts were installed. We're gonna put it to the test this weekend.