General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 SwitchBack vs Fatboy Lo??

Old 07-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 635 Likes on 326 Posts
Default 2012 SwitchBack vs Fatboy Lo??

Ok guys now my freakin head is really spinining! I was set on getting a new 2012 fatboy lo but now im considering that switchback! It really looks like a good idea and has alot of potential i could just picture it abit more blacked out with some skulls here and their i love the wheels on it! I like the bags they dont look overwhelming and they would be nice to put stuff in on a long trip! I love the bigger front end on it looks just like the front end on the fatboy. I like the front fender better than the fatboys! It has flair to it! Anyway that being said what would really be the better bike in the end?? especially for long trips! I also like the fact that its 650 dollars less than the Lo which is money i can put towards even more accessories! Also is the suspention better on the dyna then the softail? I use to own a dyna street bob but traded it for my Night train and its been that long ago that i really cant remember! I just remember that the engine vibrated a little bit more! HAHA! So Fatboy Lo or Switchback!

Old 07-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

The Switchback is sweet! More versatile than the Fat Boy. Plus, it's still lighter, meaning it will be faster!

Old 07-20-2011, 04:09 PM
SkinnyonFatboyLo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are planning on doing more touring riding then the switchback would be better because to setup the LO the same way would be a good 1000 +....As far as ride the dyna might have a slightly better handling, but to me not so much to say it is far better than riding the softail. If the black out look is what you are going for go with the LO because it would cost a lot to change over the switchback. In the end it is what you want. Hurry up and pick and go get it.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyonFatboyLo
If you are planning on doing more touring riding then the switchback would be better because to setup the LO the same way would be a good 1000 +....As far as ride the dyna might have a slightly better handling, but to me not so much to say it is far better than riding the softail. If the black out look is what you are going for go with the LO because it would cost a lot to change over the switchback. In the end it is what you want. Hurry up and pick and go get it.
Well i wouldnt totaly black out the SwitchBack just add some here and their! Like maybe the handle bars and derby cover and shocks and get the bike in vivid black! I think that would look sweet! It would just have alittle more black then it came with! I just think a 15,999 msrp that is a good price for what that bike comes with it just like the softtail convertable that my buddy has but in a dyna!

Old 07-20-2011, 04:42 PM
2011HDFATBOYLO?
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Zakk13
Ok guys now my freakin head is really spinining! I was set on getting a new 2012 fatboy lo but now im considering that switchback! It really looks like a good idea and has alot of potential i could just picture it abit more blacked out with some skulls here and their i love the wheels on it! I like the bags they dont look overwhelming and they would be nice to put stuff in on a long trip! I love the bigger front end on it looks just like the front end on the fatboy. I like the front fender better than the fatboys! It has flair to it! Anyway that being said what would really be the better bike in the end?? especially for long trips! I also like the fact that its 650 dollars less than the Lo which is money i can put towards even more accessories! Also is the suspention better on the dyna then the softail? I use to own a dyna street bob but traded it for my Night train and its been that long ago that i really cant remember! I just remember that the engine vibrated a little bit more! HAHA! So Fatboy Lo or Switchback!
Are you paying cash? If not, how do you figure you will have 650 for accessories? I dont think the dealer is going to give you the difference so you can buy extra things...

Old 07-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 2011HDFATBOYLO?
Are you paying cash? If not, how do you figure you will have 650 for accessories? I dont think the dealer is going to give you the difference so you can buy extra things...
Ive been delaing with my dealer for along time! He only charges state tax and tags! The msrp of the Switchback is 15,999 and the Lo is 16,649 so it will be around a 600 to 700 dollar difference!

Old 07-20-2011, 05:34 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 306 Likes on 178 Posts

I'd go with the switchback, but then I don't care for most of the current Softails or the blacked out look.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member

Well not alot replied so far and i know its hard to tell tell everyone sees it in person including myself but it looks like so far you guys are favoring the switchback! I really like the wheels and the big style front end! I think this bike is a breath of fresh air from Harley. Alot of guys are saying its nothing new but i disagree. They say its just their dyna with bags! Well go get the hard bag detachable kit and that big front end and sweeping fenders and see how much it costs! It is not the same old Dynas!

Old 07-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll regret not getting the bike you really wanted. Get the Lo.

(not directly at OP) There's a lot of people that on here that don't know what Harley they want. I guess I don't get it. When I was looking at Harley's and my eyes first saw a Night Train it was a done deal. I was getting nothing else no matter what. I still feel that way. There's not a bike out there I would trade my Night Train for.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:09 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

In my opinion the Fatboy low looks so much cooler. I am a dyna guy and I don't find the switchback my style at all. I haven't seen it in person and that has to be factored in. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course. Looks certainly mean a lot to me, they may or may not mean as much to you. Either way...

Good luck with your choice and enjoy whatever you get.

Tom

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 SwitchBack vs Fatboy Lo??