Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > General Harley Davidson Forums > General Harley Davidson Chat
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by: J&P Cycles

Welcome to HDForums.com!

Reply
 
 
 
P
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 07-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Zakk13 Zakk13 is offline
Road Warrior
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Rust BELT!
Posts: 1,368
Default 2012 SwitchBack vs Fatboy Lo??

Ok guys now my freakin head is really spinining! I was set on getting a new 2012 fatboy lo but now im considering that switchback! It really looks like a good idea and has alot of potential i could just picture it abit more blacked out with some skulls here and their i love the wheels on it! I like the bags they dont look overwhelming and they would be nice to put stuff in on a long trip! I love the bigger front end on it looks just like the front end on the fatboy. I like the front fender better than the fatboys! It has flair to it! Anyway that being said what would really be the better bike in the end?? especially for long trips! I also like the fact that its 650 dollars less than the Lo which is money i can put towards even more accessories! Also is the suspention better on the dyna then the softail? I use to own a dyna street bob but traded it for my Night train and its been that long ago that i really cant remember! I just remember that the engine vibrated a little bit more! HAHA! So Fatboy Lo or Switchback!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Tony P's Avatar
Tony P Tony P is offline
Elite HDF Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: north hell, south of heaven
Posts: 4,066
Default

The Switchback is sweet! More versatile than the Fat Boy. Plus, it's still lighter, meaning it will be faster!
__________________

Houdini
07' Dyna FXD Super Glide Chrome ho'
Pewter Pearl
Rush 2.00" slip-ons
Stage I
SERT
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-20-2011, 04:09 PM
SkinnyonFatboyLo's Avatar
SkinnyonFatboyLo SkinnyonFatboyLo is offline
One Of The Regulars
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 179
Default

If you are planning on doing more touring riding then the switchback would be better because to setup the LO the same way would be a good 1000 +....As far as ride the dyna might have a slightly better handling, but to me not so much to say it is far better than riding the softail. If the black out look is what you are going for go with the LO because it would cost a lot to change over the switchback. In the end it is what you want. Hurry up and pick and go get it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Zakk13 Zakk13 is offline
Road Warrior
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Rust BELT!
Posts: 1,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyonFatboyLo View Post
If you are planning on doing more touring riding then the switchback would be better because to setup the LO the same way would be a good 1000 +....As far as ride the dyna might have a slightly better handling, but to me not so much to say it is far better than riding the softail. If the black out look is what you are going for go with the LO because it would cost a lot to change over the switchback. In the end it is what you want. Hurry up and pick and go get it.
Well i wouldnt totaly black out the SwitchBack just add some here and their! Like maybe the handle bars and derby cover and shocks and get the bike in vivid black! I think that would look sweet! It would just have alittle more black then it came with! I just think a 15,999 msrp that is a good price for what that bike comes with it just like the softtail convertable that my buddy has but in a dyna!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-20-2011, 04:42 PM
2011HDFATBOYLO? 2011HDFATBOYLO? is offline
Prospect
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MN
Posts: 229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakk13 View Post
Ok guys now my freakin head is really spinining! I was set on getting a new 2012 fatboy lo but now im considering that switchback! It really looks like a good idea and has alot of potential i could just picture it abit more blacked out with some skulls here and their i love the wheels on it! I like the bags they dont look overwhelming and they would be nice to put stuff in on a long trip! I love the bigger front end on it looks just like the front end on the fatboy. I like the front fender better than the fatboys! It has flair to it! Anyway that being said what would really be the better bike in the end?? especially for long trips! I also like the fact that its 650 dollars less than the Lo which is money i can put towards even more accessories! Also is the suspention better on the dyna then the softail? I use to own a dyna street bob but traded it for my Night train and its been that long ago that i really cant remember! I just remember that the engine vibrated a little bit more! HAHA! So Fatboy Lo or Switchback!
Are you paying cash? If not, how do you figure you will have 650 for accessories? I dont think the dealer is going to give you the difference so you can buy extra things...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Zakk13 Zakk13 is offline
Road Warrior
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Rust BELT!
Posts: 1,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011HDFATBOYLO? View Post
Are you paying cash? If not, how do you figure you will have 650 for accessories? I dont think the dealer is going to give you the difference so you can buy extra things...
Ive been delaing with my dealer for along time! He only charges state tax and tags! The msrp of the Switchback is 15,999 and the Lo is 16,649 so it will be around a 600 to 700 dollar difference!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-20-2011, 05:34 PM
piasspj's Avatar
piasspj piasspj is offline
Ultimate HDF Member
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Central Illinois, Between I-80 and I-74
Posts: 8,584
Default

I'd go with the switchback, but then I don't care for most of the current Softails or the blacked out look.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Zakk13 Zakk13 is offline
Road Warrior
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: The Rust BELT!
Posts: 1,368
Default

Well not alot replied so far and i know its hard to tell tell everyone sees it in person including myself but it looks like so far you guys are favoring the switchback! I really like the wheels and the big style front end! I think this bike is a breath of fresh air from Harley. Alot of guys are saying its nothing new but i disagree. They say its just their dyna with bags! Well go get the hard bag detachable kit and that big front end and sweeping fenders and see how much it costs! It is not the same old Dynas!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Hollywood Ball's Avatar
Hollywood Ball Hollywood Ball is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 2,653
Default

You'll regret not getting the bike you really wanted. Get the Lo.

(not directly at OP) There's a lot of people that on here that don't know what Harley they want. I guess I don't get it. When I was looking at Harley's and my eyes first saw a Night Train it was a done deal. I was getting nothing else no matter what. I still feel that way. There's not a bike out there I would trade my Night Train for.
__________________
Steve



2009 Night Train
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-20-2011, 07:09 PM
ZeroFiveFour's Avatar
ZeroFiveFour ZeroFiveFour is offline
Road Warrior
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Oahu, HI
Posts: 1,430
Default

In my opinion the Fatboy low looks so much cooler. I am a dyna guy and I don't find the switchback my style at all. I haven't seen it in person and that has to be factored in. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course. Looks certainly mean a lot to me, they may or may not mean as much to you. Either way...

Good luck with your choice and enjoy whatever you get.

Tom
__________________
<a href=http://www.hdforums.com/forum/members/23579-zerofivefour-albums-2643-tom-s-superglide-custom-fxdc-picture132043-flanders1small2.jpg target=_blank>http://www.hdforums.com/forum/member...ers1small2.jpg</a>
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:09 PM
 
 
 
P
Reply

Tags
2012, boy, davidson, fat, fatboy, harley, hd, hdforums, lo, low, review, swichback, switchback, videos, wwwharley


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.

Internet Brands, Inc.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.2

Admin, Emails & Contact Details