General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where in the States does an Atlantic Canadian score a good used Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Burstbucker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Where in the States does an Atlantic Canadian score a good used Harley?

I find that the used Harleys in Atlantic Canada are pretty high and I wouldn't rule out going down to the States to get a good used bike if the price was really good.

I don't know if going with a big dealership would offer a bit more piece of mind, maybe it's a bit safer going that route?

I'm thinking that there might be some decent deals down in New Hampshire, not sure about Maine. I wouldn't want to travel too far but are there good prices in New England or do you have to go farther south?

Old 09-05-2011, 08:32 PM
scasey
Road Master

There are deals everywhere in the States. You just need to start looking. Many different sites to chose from

Old 09-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Johnny423
Intermediate

Bought my Fat Boy last October in Mass. Also had my eye on several in NH. Saved about $4500 and importing was not hard at all.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Johnny423
Intermediate

Sorry, forgot to mention that it was a private sale... Found it on Craigslist.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Skid Lid
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stay out of the south lots of flood damaged bikes coming out of those areas. I found that bikes in the US were only about $1k less so after importing and everything else it just isnt worth it imo.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:36 PM
Woollymonster
Cruiser

Craig's List and eBay.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Maybe we could start a Carpetbaggers Classified section, for youse guys.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Lid
Stay out of the south lots of flood damaged bikes coming out of those areas. I found that bikes in the US were only about $1k less so after importing and everything else it just isnt worth it imo.
Wow, Talk about a stereotype!!!! I have lived in the south for my whole life and I have never been flooded. The Mid-west floods out way more than down here with the exception of Louisiana. I can not think of one single instance where I have heard of anybodys bike getting flooded.

To the OP. What kind of bike are you looking for? Prices tend to be cheaper in the Northeast than in the South because we are not so seasonal with our riding time.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:59 AM
itellya
Advanced

fellow canadian here....i would advise you to indicate what your preference is in terms of a bike etc post it here and I am sure other members would gladly point you in the right direction. I would use any search engine and type in harley for sale and start revieiwng what is out there. Make it a trip of a lifetime find a bike, fly to the location and drive it home....

good luck....bonne chance

Old 09-06-2011, 09:04 AM
poisonthesteve
Tourer

Originally Posted by Burstbucker
I don't know if going with a big dealership would offer a bit more piece of mind, maybe it's a bit safer going that route?
If you want peace of mind, I wouls suggest the dealership. They offer a warranty on used bikes. I picked up a 2 year warranty on my Sportster for like 500 bucks

Quick Reply: Where in the States does an Atlantic Canadian score a good used Harley?