General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Direct harley parts- warning

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 12:54 PM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor
Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello Sir,
May I ask your name and info so i can check into your issue.
It looks like you ordered right about the company change so your order might of been lost in the system or somewhere. The phones / email were quite a mess when we were changing everything over from the old guys.

Just so you know, Frank and Walt are gone. We have a new team here for internationals and everywhere else. There is a new guy here named Frank, and he is really good on the phones. Also Bryan and Carlos have been excellent! Its hard to believe the old crew messed things up so bad, it seems quite easy to keep up with everyone and get things shipped out same day.

Let me know your info, via PM or email so I can take a look at it.
I apologize that you had issues during the phone switch, our phone provider did not make it as easy as they said it would to get the new system.

I await your email,

Thank you,

Originally Posted by mahalovich
I know there are people on here that have had problems here with this cowboy called Frank who is Direct Harley Parts..I had purchased a few small items off them, so I gave them the benifit of doubt.
I needed a set of Vance & Hines pipes.I rang him two times to make sure he had them in stock.YES ,they are here was his answer both times.So with that asurance I gave the cow boy my card details.They would be shipped in two days was his assurance.Over three weeks went by and no pipes.I live in New Zealand ,so three weeks is the normal shipping time.After about a dozen calls to him I finally got through.He gave me a tracking number.I followed that up and it was to another address.I finally got through to Frank the W...I told him he gave me the wrong number. He hung up on me.Tried ringing back,phone dead.I contaced them a few hours later.I got a woman on the line.I told here my situation, Hold the line she said, clunk hung up on again.Very frustating.Had enough by then. Contacted my card company and have had the money refunded.I now know of three other people here that he has done this to,Bull **** tracking numbers etc.
So if any body is reading this, and you are thinking of buying off this cowboy.Take my advice DONT.Give your money to some one decent,not this LOSER..

Old 10-28-2011, 01:07 PM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor

Yes, it has everything to do with that.
We took over from the old guys around the first few weeks of September.
We purchased $100,000's of dollars in inventory, lowered shipping, and changed the policies! We have a new ownership here and the old system here needed a change. We walked into a real mess.

These kind of things will not happen under the management of our new team.
I hope the person who started this thread will get back to me so I can see when they ordered and take care of it.
I'm just glad that frank and walt are gone, from what I hear they were all over the place.
Originally Posted by 2kids3pets
Wonder if this has anything to do with this

Old 10-28-2011, 01:16 PM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor

Even under the old management, most parts were not drop shipped.
Vance & Hines does not drop ship nor does 90% of the parts manufacturers.

Vance & Hines only has one distributor so you can buy the pipes from them or the distro. That it is. Neither of them will drop shop. This is true for most parts. If you don't stock it, you can not ship it.

Since I have been here I know there has been a few $100,000 in inventory
purchased.
We are able to have lower prices, not by "drop shipping", but because we keep our overhead low, and run a straight forward business.
We have only been going two months now, but so far, it looks like it will work.

Simply put, if you want to save money, and get the parts fast, then let us know and we will make it happen.

Originally Posted by craigffb
Direct Harley Parts as with most internet parts places are drop shippers...they have no warehouse and no inventory. That is how they can have low prices. You get your part when the company that makes it fills the order and ships it plain and simple. If you want your stuff faster you're gonna have to pay a little more. Your pipes had you not cancelled the order would have come directly from Vance and Hines. That is just how it works.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:23 PM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor

Can you please give me your name so I can refund you the entire shipping cost. Sept 6th would of been right in the middle of the change, and the system might of not updated yet. It takes a few hours to set worldwide sometimes when a change is made to certain systems.
I apologize for the shipping price error.

Please let me know your info and I will credit your full shipping charge.

Thank you,

-Dan

Originally Posted by White Ice
I ordered a $99 part on Sept.2 online. On Sept 6 I got an email, with a USPS tracking number, saying the part was shipped. Checking USPS today - no such number exists. I noticed the big online banner with the $7.95 shipping for orders under $149 - I was charged $9.95. I probably won't order from them in the future.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:37 PM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor

Yes, sir.
To answer your question, there used to be a frank here that was with walt.
In september when i was brought in, they brought another frank, carlos, and bryan. There are also some new peeps in shipping and international as well.
You will usually get emails from my self and frank if you are a customer in the states.

Originally Posted by White Ice
So if DHP is 'under new management'....who is Frank.....the old management or the new? I just got an email from Frank thanking me for my order.
My CC has been charged, so I'm sure it will show up eventually. I'll just wait patiently and...

Old 10-28-2011, 01:40 PM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor

I do not show any outstanding orders for bars from the 5th. But that was during the system change.
Please let me know if all went well or what? I have not seen any messages on the chat from anyone about any bars. Please let me know if you have not gotten this resolved.
Im sure you have since there are no orders un delivered from the 5th, but I just want to be sure, there were a few glitches in between the ownership change.

Originally Posted by Trawfish
K... Ordered new bars on 9/5... called on 9/8 cause order still shows processing...sales person says "they are coming this week"... It's friday!!!!.... no bars, no shipping info, order still says processing!!!! you have my money, whats the deal? They coming or not?

Oh yeah... left a message on the "live chat" also...

*** Wish this thread existed last week