General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BADLANDER SEAT - Touring -STREET AND ELECTRA GLIDES

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 04:42 PM
endress1
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BADLANDER SEAT - Touring -STREET AND ELECTRA GLIDES

Well heres the answer to all the questions and concerns on here, etc- Everybody looking for that perfect,inexpensive, good looking seat, theres not many out there, that fall in the inexpensive category ! I finally made a decision and went with the Badlander, for my Electra Glide Ultra Classic (without tour pack now). It dosent do anything buy look better than a stock seat. Thats not saying much. All stock touring seats are ugly, especially on Ultra Classics... The Badlander didnt sit me back any further, and I dont think its any lower either. Its new, so I suppose it will sink some, but nowhere near where I need to go ! SO"..... It looks like I will be spending the extra money to get it reshaped,cut,dropped and covered again ! My suggestion is for you to buy a used Badlander, and send it off. Theres no other way.... Im 6'4 and if you want to ride comfortable, and not look like your all up on the steering wheel, you have to get it cut down ! Im getting mine cut back 2" and 1" taken out of it, and recovered for $100... I shoulda bought the ripped one on Ebay for $50, and not a new one for $200... You can spend $500, and be in the same boat... If you want to ride, feel good and look good, at over 6 feet tall, your seats gonna have to be cut. If its no cut, your riding with a 2x4 up the back of your shirt, from your @@@ and your arms ARE NOT stretched cause your sitting straight up !!!

Spend your money on the recover, not the seat... Buy used and have it sent off for $100... I suggest Mean City... They know about this issue for tall riders, and loking good riding. If you dont look good - You dont feel good ! Its a fact... Ride on !

Old 09-15-2011, 06:22 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I am not 6 ft tall, but I bought the badlander for my 2010 ultra classic to use when I ride solo with the tour pac off of course. I notice I sit alot lower with it than the stock ultra seat, guessing 3 inches or so lower, & find myself reaching for the highway pegs instead of having my knees slightly bent with my feet on them with the stock seat. I like to switch back & forth between the seats & would have to readjust the highway pegs if the badlander seat set me any further back. The seat is not as comfortable as the stock seat, but I expected that when I bought it. I didnt pay but 150.00 bucks for the seat, bought it from Zanottis. I am very happy with mine!

Old 09-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Dirty Bob
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Been riding with a Badlander seat and it doesn't have much cushion. Yes it does look good for a bar hopper.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:41 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The thing with seats is that they work for some folks and not for others. There are just too many factors that come into play. I found the right seat for me by being able to sit on other folks bikes. Buying without trying is a recipe for disappointment.