General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone from Knoxville TN / Clinton Tn area

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 08:32 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You're gonna have to change your screen name though.

Oh, and get used to seeing these.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:07 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member

lol na keep the ohio sure cant be no Tennesse Skully or Volts lmao

Old 09-28-2011, 11:26 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by OhioSkully
lol na keep the ohio sure cant be no Tennesse Skully or Volts lmao
Lol, I recon you gotta stick to your guns. I would too.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:53 AM
aces25
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Out of all the places I've lived, east TN is by far some of the best scenic areas around. I've lived in the Chattanooga area for a couple years now and have been further east on the TN/NC border a few times - tons of riding areas.

Knoxville is a nice town and complete devoted to the Vols. They didn't get that 865 (VOL) area code for nothing.

If you have a boat, you will love the waters around there.

I just heard on the news the other day that TN has the lowest overall tax burden in the US. Low property tax, low housing cost, and no income tax sure is nice .

Old 10-02-2011, 11:56 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member

great info, i just got back friday night from knoxville and i will be needing to make my decision very soon as i feel the offer will be coming on monday or tue.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:28 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member

Ok few more questions as this is looking like its going to happen.
what is the cost of motorcycle plates in TN

And who is in the clinton, powell, knoxville area as i may be living there in november.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:59 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i love the area, been on trips there in past with family spend week and half in gatlinburg went to cades cove, up the newfoundgap etc, then went back on the bike road dragon, cherohala skyway, 28 to cherokee, went up to smokey mt hd was a nice place. Im thinking i could live there lol.
Yep - with a job offer, I'd have to think about if ro half a second before I moved there. Great place.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:21 AM
BillM
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And who is in the clinton, powell, knoxville area as i may be living there in november.
I am about an hour and a half north of Knoxville in the Tri City area. Tags depend on the county you are in. I think mine are $17/year. Pretty cheap really. License renewal is every 5 years (40, 45, 50). I know the Oak Ridge/Oliver Springs area pretty good as I used to off-road a bit. Ed's in Oak Ridge is AMAZING.

For riding you have the Dragon of course, then in Oak Ridge/Oliver Springs you have the Devil's Triangle, and up where I am we have The Snake/US421. Not too mention all the other roads to ride on. Heck just riding the road in front of my house is good enough for most people that have never been down this way.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:22 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member

You could not pick a better place to tag a vehicle than Anderson Co. (which Clinton is in). Tags cost $24 for the year for a car, motorcycle is the same, I think. Knox Co. has a wheel tax of $60.00 tacked on, stay in Anderson Co. and you do not have to pay this.
As you know, I am in the area (that alone is worth the move ). We will have to get together and grab a bite to eat sometime. There is this one restaurant that I have been wanting to try... famous for their... er,... hot wings.
Originally Posted by brenn
Yep - with a job offer, I'd have to think about if ro half a second before I moved there. Great place.

Originally Posted by BillM
I am about an hour and a half north of Knoxville in the Tri City area. Tags depend on the county you are in. I think mine are $17/year. Pretty cheap really. License renewal is every 5 years (40, 45, 50). I know the Oak Ridge/Oliver Springs area pretty good as I used to off-road a bit. Ed's in Oak Ridge is AMAZING.

For riding you have the Dragon of course, then in Oak Ridge/Oliver Springs you have the Devil's Triangle, and up where I am we have The Snake/US421. Not too mention all the other roads to ride on. Heck just riding the road in front of my house is good enough for most people that have never been down this way.
Yup! For off roading, there are some great places in Lake City (just north of Clinton) as well as the Water Shed ad Royal Blue. For the twisties, come on over to Andersonville, I can show you some roads that will have the fire breathing Dragon fumbling through his saddlebags for some Rolaids!

Old 10-05-2011, 12:57 PM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like someone else said, it would only take a second for me to move there... great riding, great weather(not many garage doors down there, dont need em), great people... i have a lot of family in maryville (pronounced mer-vol). my great uncle lives on the dragon! but you will find most of the roads down there are twisties!!! unlike ohio roads... one more thing... TAKE ME WITH YOU!

Quick Reply: anyone from Knoxville TN / Clinton Tn area