General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lonestar Rally Video cam

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 07:01 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you go to one of this rally's, you need to understand, there is a hell of a lot of folks there. NO showing off, no speeding and you got to stop for the stop signs.
Bikes are comin from everywhere. People came from many, many states. I seen folks from 3 states away and farther..
Some folks flew in from other countries. Its hard to have this many people in one place with no accidents.
There was a lot of 19yr old bikers there on crotch rockets.
Biker families and other families brought too many kids there. This really ain't a place for kids.
Girls are walkin around with no tops, but they have body paint on them.
My question is where can adults go that they won't bring kids.
People are drinkin everywhere. So was I.
It was time to releave stress and let it loose.
I have been going for years.
I've seen no fights, or trouble. The people are more than nice.
People lay's jackets on their bikes and stuff they bought. I wouldn't do it .
But the things were still there.
Everybody is more than polite to be a bunch of bikers.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:03 PM
kajunkruzer
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a great time this weekend. There were a ton of bikes everywhere. I'm glad we got there at a decent time on Friday and got what we needed from the vendors because on Saturday you could hardly walk in the vendor area. Only saw the remnants of a couple of crashes, but with the way some of the ******** on two wheels were riding, I'm surprised I didn't see more. Saturday headed south on I-45 I felt like I was stuck in the poker run from hell.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:18 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by kajunkruzer
Had a great time this weekend. There were a ton of bikes everywhere. I'm glad we got there at a decent time on Friday and got what we needed from the vendors because on Saturday you could hardly walk in the vendor area. Only saw the remnants of a couple of crashes, but with the way some of the ******** on two wheels were riding, I'm surprised I didn't see more. Saturday headed south on I-45 I felt like I was stuck in the poker run from hell.
Hate I didn't git to run into you man.

Friday was a great time to see the vendors. I agree.
SAturday about 2:00 a buddy came down from Houston.
I tole him I was on the strand and 22nd street. He came there and txted me. Asked me where I was. Texted back standing in the middle of the street. He couldn't find me.
My OL finally found him.
The place packed out saturday. I liked seeing all the folks
Friday nite had some good music.
I would try to post pictures and a video but this forum seem to not like it.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:21 PM
piper59
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 625 Posts

Cardboard,I'm with you on the kid deal,I saw infants in strollers with their parents trying to make their way through the crowds with the band playing loud & everybody drinking & having a good time.I'm not trying to play super parent here but some people aren't stacked to high in the brain department.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:25 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

This was friday before the crowd showed up. the music is some of the music being played by bands.
This is a ADULT Rally. Guess some adults are bikers and trainin their kids. And without bringing them they can't come.

Friday at dark the music really started jammin.

http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u...rent=001-4.mp4

Old 11-06-2011, 07:37 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by XKnight
Lone Star Rally motorcycle crashes leave two dead, one injured

More than 400,000 motorcycle enthusiasts converged on Galveston’s downtown historical district this weekend in one of the largest rallies in the country. The Lone Star Rally, which ends today, has not been accident free however.

According to click2houston, Guy Dale Stratton, 51, was taken to the hospital in critical condition after he allegedly crashed into a school bus on Friday. Investigators told the news station they believe he failed to stop at a stop sign before the crash happened.

In a second crash, a couple police believe are man and wife were traveling at a high rate of speed when the motorcycle hit a curb and the driver lost control. Both of the victims were killed. Neither person was wearing a helmet. Their names have not been released.
I saw on a Dallas station website where Stratton died of injuries sustained in the crash. I believe that brings the total fatalities to 4. We saw the accident that killed two on I-45 Friday night and police working the fatality on Harborside Saturday night. Very sad.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:50 PM
pgpn
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I rode in the huge ride that was on 45 saturday around noon. That was crazy.not enough cops and drivers were ignoring some of the roadguards. too long a line of bikes to handle I guess. that was my last time doin that.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:51 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't view this as a hardcore adult rally but I don't think kids need to be there after dark. Too much going on involving motorcycles, crowds, distractions.
Originally Posted by cardboard
This was friday before the crowd showed up. the music is some of the music being played by bands.
This is a ADULT Rally. Guess some adults are bikers and trainin their kids. And without bringing them they can't come.

Friday at dark the music really started jammin.

http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u...rent=001-4.mp4