General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canada's Speed Camera for Pipes Passes Test

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 05:01 PM
MADHOG
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ribaldmanikin
Although, gun violence is down considerably since implemented. Knife violence, on the other hand, has gone up even more.
Yup, the criminal will find a way. What did they do before gunes came along

Old 11-15-2011, 05:42 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i don't see why they don't put an exhaust sniffer up there with the camera--catch all of you criminals at the same time. lucky me, i have a DUI and they turn me back at the border!!

Old 11-15-2011, 05:55 PM
rscalzo
Road Warrior
Received 126 Likes on 77 Posts

dude, as crazy as things are getting that is probably a felony.

It's already a mv violation in most if not all states.

Measuiring the noise level is much more difficult that measuring noise. Doubt it would stand up to a court challange in the states.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

This gives me an idea. Now I'm a great idea guy, not so good on implimentation. (In 1991 I had this idea that you could listen to the radio and, if you liked the song that was playing, you could buy it and download it to a hard drive that was built into the stereo system...10 years and an iPod later I so wish I had the ability to produce the idea...)

Anyway, let's take this guy's idea and produce something that targets those that target us. I say we build a monitor that scans the frequencies that Cell Phones broadcast on. If they detect a cell phone transmission in their area, they take a snapshot. A computer then uses optical recognition to determine if the person who they took a picture of has the phone up to their ear or not. If so, $300 fine mailed to their door. Considering that the police have cameras now that can scan, run, and report back on dozens of license plates in a couple seconds I don't see how this would be any different.

After all, azzhats doing that KILL people, not just wake up sleeping children.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:19 PM
BrianG
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know about that. Edmonton's noise bylaw has repeatedly lost in court, but is still enforced. If a ticket hits the court, chances are good it will be tossed.

When the community got together to pursue a case to a higher court (City of Edmonton appeal on a lost case), and possibly get the bylaw killed, the city just dropped their case a few days before the court date. Meanwhile, the funds raised by the motorcycle community were spent and we would have to start over with the fundraising and finding a case that could go to a higher court.

In other words, they are not allowing the issue to reach courts high enough to do anything about it. They know they'll lose. I'm sure Calgary will take the same approach.

Also, this is a municipal bylaw, and does not have to follow provincial or federal noise testing regulations. There may be a very weak argument at the provincial court level, but you have to get there first.

What I'm hoping for, is that the cage drivers will get involved. he majority of motorcyclists in Alberta have already shown they don't care enough about their rights to fight for them. After all, if they don't ride a Harley the chances of getting pulled over and tested are very, very slim. The sportbike riders I've talked to refer to the noise bylaw as a Harley Tax.
The last sentence is crap.
Every guy in my old sport bike group has been repeatedly pulled over and checked for noise levels at the Theuser-check-stops. Many have received tickets and many have fought it and won.
I can put you on to a good advocate if you like.

Last edited by BrianG; 11-15-2011 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:00 AM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MADHOG
When I see stuff like this it makes me think, hummm… I’m glad I don’t live there, nuff said.
Right. Because there aren't any stupid by-laws in your town eh.
I love how one city is trying this and our friend here to the south is "glad he isn't here". Good. The Calgary stampede and let's not forget the worlds best beef come from there but maybe your a vegan.
Anyways Alberta is also a photo radar province. My car got stolen on a friday and I didn't report it til I got home on the Sunday. The theif decided to go to BC and speed thru 8 photo radar traps. The province sent me tickets totaling 2500 or so. Well the tickets never got to my new place so I was never notified. I now have a restricted licence in that province because I didn't fight them because I didn't know I got them. That entire province makes me laugh. Provincial and city gubments got way too much time on their hands.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:48 AM
SeeMeDo
Road Warrior

Sh'ssss

Old 11-16-2011, 05:49 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah... gotta love the gun registry. Sure officer, come on in anytime you want without a warrant. Although, gun violence is down considerably since implemented. Knife violence, on the other hand, has gone up even more.
People who have actually studied the issue could have predicted that, as could the British, from experience. Turns out, the statistics say a criminal with a knife is also more likely to use it on the victim than a criminal with a gun. Great idea. However, both your liberals and the British liberals will keeping crowing about reducing "gun violence" which is a label they made up to hide the fact that they increased "violence."

Old 11-16-2011, 06:06 AM
tejasrider
Tourer

Does anyone know of a site to find OEM part numbers? I have done a Google search, but all I find is dealers who won't list the part number until you checkout. I need to find out if the stock exhausts are the same part number on a 2007 and a 2009 Fatboy.

Old 11-16-2011, 06:34 AM
runnhrd
Road Master
Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I can see it now,, group of teen kids riding their bicycles down the road with cards clipped to the forks, making all that noise while they flap against the spokes,, now ride past that device and see what kind of ticket you get for that?? ROFL

Quick Reply: Canada's Speed Camera for Pipes Passes Test