General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HDFourms Mid-Atlantic Rally- Official Countdown Has Begun 06/12/07

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 12:18 AM
The Punisher
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HDFourms Mid-Atlantic Rally- Official Countdown Has Begun 06/12/07

I am just throwing this out there for everyone to bounce around. It's eight months away but what do you think about having a HDForums rally at Gettysburg Bike Week in July. The rally is the 12th - 15th in historic Gettysburg, PA. It is a fairly new Bike Week as they go but is getting bigger every year. They even hosted a Discovery Channel Biker Build Off back in 2005. There are alot things to do in the area and the Harley-Davidson Plant in York is only a 30-40 minute ride east. Also Gettysburg is only an hour and a half from Washington D.C. if you wanted to ride down there to see the Wall and the other monuments. There are several hotels and campgrounds in Gettysburg and more hotels 30 minutes south in Frederick, MD. If there is serious interest I can see if Battlefield HD will let us set up a booth there during the rally. Let me know what you think. Terry and ****** and anyone else who was instrumental in the other rallies that were planned let me know if you think it would be a good idea.

Here is a link if you want to read about it: www.gettysburgbikeweek.com

Old 12-06-2006, 12:20 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: HDFourms Mid-Atlantic Rally?

Sounds like a great idea. Let me know if you need any help. I've put on one of these and helped with another. Both were really fun. One in Effingham, IL (First Midwest Rally) and one in Greenville, S.C. (Southeast Rally).

Terry

Old 12-06-2006, 12:22 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,756 Likes on 770 Posts

Now there's a location I can actually make it to! If this gets put together, count me in!

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 12-06-2006, 12:24 AM
The Punisher
Banned

Terry that would be great. I wasn't able to attend either one but read all the threads and they sounded like a great time. I know we have alot of members on the east coast and Gettysburg is about half way between Maine and Florida and not that far of a ride from the Mid-West I think it could be a HDForums blow out. Let's see what kind of response we get and I will start the planning after the New Year.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:29 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,756 Likes on 770 Posts

ORIGINAL: The Punisher

Terry that would be great. I wasn't able to attend either one but read all the threads and they sounded like a great time. I know we have alot of members on the east coast and Gettysburg is about half way between Maine and Florida and not that far of a ride from the Mid-West I think it could be a HDForums blow out. Let's see what kind of response we get and I will start the planning after the New Year.
It's good for us Canucks in the central/eastern part of the country too! Gettysburg is about 500 miles form here. An easy day's ride.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 12-06-2006, 12:36 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

514 miles for us. Not too bad. It's just that it is the weekend before the Boogie so I don't know if we'll be able to swing it [:@]

Old 12-06-2006, 12:39 AM
The Punisher
Banned

ORIGINAL: HeatherC

514 miles for us. Not too bad. It's just that it is the weekend before the Boogie so I don't know if we'll be able to swing it [:@]
It would be a long week...but with you and punishergirl there it would be worth it.[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 12-06-2006, 12:41 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It would be a long week...but with you and punishergirl there it would be worth it.[sm=badbadbad.gif]

It's the amount of vacation time we would need to use to do both. I don't know if we can get that much time off in July.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:47 AM
zombie
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely count me in...went to GBW last year and had a blast.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:51 AM
The Punisher
Banned

It's the amount of vacation time we would need to use to do both. I don't know if we can get that much time off in July.

Yeah that damn thing called work. It always gets in the way of havin fun

Quick Reply: HDFourms Mid-Atlantic Rally- Official Countdown Has Begun 06/12/07