General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Langlitz Leathers

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 08:06 AM
DMorr99
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Langlitz Leathers

I got my Langlitz Leathers brochure in the mail today! I knew they were expensive but jeez!
I think I will stick with 6 year old FXRG leather jacket. It still has alot of life in it and has served me very well so far. I thought when I paid around $500 bucks for it that I was over spending, but upwards of a $1000, I don't think so.

Last edited by DMorr99; 12-30-2011 at 10:59 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 12-30-2011, 08:49 AM
Holzarbeiter
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes they are expensive but one of the best leathers you will ever buy and they stand behind the product 100%. Custom made in the good old USA.
Should the leathers ever need repair or modification, no problem.
The only competition to Langlitz is Vanson, Vanson now makes most of their leathers in South America and if you want a USA made piece from Vanson, expect to pay close to the same and I know of some that have waited up to a year for delivery.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:34 AM
Idaho Spud
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in the same boat. I felt I needed a pair and when I got the price list I had to rejustify. If I was the kind of guy who rode his bike every day that would be one thing. But as a still working, weekend warrior, I just don't think I can justify all that coin for my part time passion. No disrespect to those that can, I just have other more important places to put the money.

Old 12-31-2011, 02:11 PM
fritz982
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Langlitz leather worth every penny !

Bought mine in 1996, then when finished it was about $850.00 with all the extra's! BUT...it's worth far more to me at least than road rash. Have had to use it for that purpose twice in that time. One time taking a nice slide down the highway, yet the jacket in this case got the road rash, and not much of that. I've seen those $500.00 HD jackets try to do the same thing, in the end the stitching is so cheap that the sleeves tore off! Langlitz takes VERY good care of it's customers, before and after the sale! Bet you can't find good repairs on your Harley jacket once you trash it! Above all ,Gain some hamster fat then see who alters that jacket no matter who makes it! Figured quite some time a go it's far cheaper in the long run just to pay the price and buy the best! That's just what Langlitz is!

Old 12-31-2011, 06:24 PM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've had 3 Vanson, a Schott, an FXRG, a Branded motor cop winter coat, a Joe Rocket mesh and a Harley mid weight. I ordered and bought a Langlitz jacket and pants 3 years ago. I've given away or sold the Vanson and Schott jackets.
The quality of the leather, one reason Vanson is now made in South America, and the quality of the construction of the Langlitz is incredible. It may not be noticeable at a distance but it is when you wear it. It's not made for walking around fashion, though I wear it around the streets of NYC, and so it feels different than other jackets when you're walking around. But get on the bike and there is nothing more comfortable that I've found. It's cut and designed for riding.
Langlitz started making motorcycle specific clothes early on so there are some claims that they're the first motorcycle jacket and Schott copied their style. They really are classic clothing.
And the black leather really is a deep, deep black. It won't grey out as it wears like Schott.
After muscling through radiation treatment I decided that quality of life was more important to me than quantity, ( I have no family). So I went for the best. But it's not everyone's desire.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:18 AM
dortiz
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I learned a while ago that buying better quality pays for itself in the end.

I ordered a Langlitz and while the styling did not suit me I have to admit the craftsmanship, leather quality and service was AAA. That is a jacket that will outlast you.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:46 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

Debated the very same arguement myself last winter. Had a practically new HD FXRG hanging in my closet that I never wore due to its heavy weight. Loved the jacket but never wore it. Finally decided to make the investment. Researched Shott, Vanson, Fox Creek, etc, etc. Decided on the Langlitz after speaking with Dave. Best jacket I have ever seen or worn. Absolutely top craftsmanship and quality of materials (goat skin)! I wear it pretty much year-round even here in the desert southwest. Yes, I spent the big bucks but its the best accessory I have ever bought! You will NOT be disappointed with a Langlitz!

Old 01-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Ace07FXDL
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's some Langlitz ****....

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...-the-wait.html

When you go with Langlitz you are part of the family for life there. Dave is the best and the level of support from Langlitz is truly family like. My wife had some fitting issue with her westerns and Dave was'nt happy until my wife was. The minor alteration required a new pair to be made. Dave just took care of it..send em back and I'll fix it he said..he did..new pair no questions asked except if she was happy now...To say I think highly of my Columbia and westerns would be an understatement. The fit ofcourse is made for you alone. I went with mid weight cow and would do it again. My wife went with goat cascade and westerns. I just put them to bed for the winter with a nice rub of the lifetime supply of treatment that Dave included with our leather. He's family to this day and treats his customers as such. The best simply.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 601 Likes on 324 Posts

I ran across this website but dont know much about them except what I have read on their site..Looks like they make leather jackets for several police depts..
http://www.taylorsleatherwear.com/ta...ar_catalog.htm

Old 01-01-2012, 12:06 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have had mine (goatskin) for 6 yrs now, and people keep saying oh you just bought a new coat it makes me feel like a rookie some times its is absoluetly the best made, spendy yes, the best yes

Quick Reply: Langlitz Leathers