General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered the leather jacket from China...

Old 01-02-2012, 03:12 PM
djohn
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Ordered the leather jacket from China...

Yes, my wife took the plunge and ordered a leather jacket from davidjacket.com last night. Here are the details for anyone who might be keeping score.

Women’s Miss Enthusiast 3 in 1 Leather Jacket (98142-09VM) - $179.00
Shipping and Handling -------------------------------------- $45.00
Money Gram wire transfer fee ------------------------------- $9.50

Total Charge------------------------------------------------$233.50

The same coat (well, maybe the same coat) at a St. Louis Harley dealership was $415.00 so with taxes, she saved herself a little over 200 bucks.

I was concerned with the wire transfer but it turns out it was safe and really easy. We just went to Wal-Mart and sent a MoneyGram from our Wal-Mart to his Wal-Mart. Gave the lady at the service desk 233.50 and she sent it with same day delivery. She could have given us 10 minute delivery for an extra 8 bucks.

My wife checked her email this morning and the guy got the money and has already shipped the coat.

One thing for sure, he (name is Sun ****) is quick on the email. He’s friendly, English pretty good (probably better than mine) and he genuinely seems like an honest person that just wants to take care of business.

Welcome to world of global trade.

You know what surprises me more than anything about this whole deal…Who would have thought they had Wal-Mart’s in China…I wonder if they have American made products and everyone complains about the “cheap USA junk” they sell.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:20 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,763 Likes on 17,437 Posts

Pictures and real response from the wife if and when you get it . Be real curious about quality after dealing with some stuff that looked pretty damn good when we picked it up in Beijing at the big street market shop area and most was falling apart 3 weeks later .

Old 01-02-2012, 03:32 PM
pccoder
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Anxious to hear about the experience too

They sold good leather in Korea back in the late '80s too.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:50 PM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 138 Likes on 100 Posts

Hope you dont get screwed on this deal. Not one that I would have made. Ordered a cell phone charger that got so hot it burnt my hand trying to remove it.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:01 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Go there 4 - 5 times a year, they have almost everything we have here, not as much though. Most popular place in China, KFC, yep Kentucky Fried Chicken, once seen 500 or more (maybe even a 1000) people at KFC in a train station at lunch time, it was massive. Most of the stuff you get from Wally World and many other places (HD) comes from there. Hell half your social security check will be coming from there soon. We are fkd up, our politicians sold us out and we keep voting the same bastages back in. You will be fine with your order, if not the guy will be out of business soon, they are incompetent at times but not really thieves, they will go to jail for stealng, no cable TV in the jails over there.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:12 PM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

the jacket would probably come from the same factory that makes the jackets for the harley dealerships

Old 01-02-2012, 04:16 PM
jdm65
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

My employer sent me & a crew of guys to China for a couple of months in 2008 to help start up their new plant there. Our translator/driver took us shopping one weekend at the Silk Market & Pearl Market in Beijing-----unreal experience. The "rolex" watches I got didn't last long but the silk robes I bought my wife & daughter still look new & are beautiful.
Our driver finally found the harley shop & we all got T-shirts from HD of Beijing---our driver couldn't believe we would pay serious money for a T-shirt.
McDonalds burgers tasted the same there as here---KFC didn't taste anything like here---not sure it was even chicken!!

Old 01-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Vins
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you haven't noticed, most of the stuff HD is selling is coming from there, now. HD leather is too thin. They recently moved their wheel plant from Astralia to China and put a couple hundred Aussies out of work. I get that if it were to bring the price down, but now we'll be paying premium prices for sub-par ****. Would rather spend an extra 2-300 for a quality USA made leather that will last a lifetime.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Vins
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jdm65
...KFC didn't taste anything like here---not sure it was even chicken!!
KFC = Kentucky Fried Cat?!

Old 01-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Ridin on the darkside
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Go there 4 - 5 times a year, they have almost everything we have here, not as much though. Most popular place in China, KFC, yep Kentucky Fried Chicken, once seen 500 or more (maybe even a 1000) people at KFC in a train station at lunch time, it was massive. Most of the stuff you get from Wally World and many other places (HD) comes from there. Hell half your social security check will be coming from there soon. We are fkd up, our politicians sold us out and we keep voting the same bastages back in. You will be fine with your order, if not the guy will be out of business soon, they are incompetent at times but not really thieves, they will go to jail for stealng, no cable TV in the jails over there.
I totally agree....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ordered the leather jacket from China...