General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson Custom Paint Sets

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Fred Garvin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good info. Have a limited 1:200 also but nobody can tell me the actual colors. Book says one thing and dealer tells me another, HD customer service could not tell me anything...shocking. All I wanted was some touch up but no codes anywhere. If anyone knows who paints the "Tango" set please let me know.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:18 AM
ThunderBueller
Road Master

Originally Posted by Fred Garvin
Good info. Have a limited 1:200 also but nobody can tell me the actual colors. Book says one thing and dealer tells me another, HD customer service could not tell me anything...shocking. All I wanted was some touch up but no codes anywhere. If anyone knows who paints the "Tango" set please let me know.
Like I told the OP, I would look on the backside of some of the parts for QC stickers and go from there. Maybe try calling Gunslinger and ask them, they do a lot of Limited sets and CVO's as well. Tango does look like work that Gunslinger does on their other bikes too.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Fred Garvin
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ThunderBueller
Like I told the OP, I would look on the backside of some of the parts for QC stickers and go from there. Maybe try calling Gunslinger and ask them, they do a lot of Limited sets and CVO's as well. Tango does look like work that Gunslinger does on their other bikes too.
Checked several pieces but nothing to lead me to a name. A bunch of small white stickers just showing "sanding" or "pinstriping" with initials and a date. Will try to contact a few of the names mentioned in the thread and see what I can find.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:48 PM
ThunderBueller
Road Master

Originally Posted by Fred Garvin
Checked several pieces but nothing to lead me to a name. A bunch of small white stickers just showing "sanding" or "pinstriping" with initials and a date. Will try to contact a few of the names mentioned in the thread and see what I can find.
Sorry about that. Good luck in your search.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:27 AM
Harleybass
Road Captain

I have a 1 of 15 Harley Radical Paint Set, and I couldn't find any stickers or markings anywhere. It has a hand lettered Bar and Shield with 11/15 on the tank. The paint job and the sidecar came as a set, with a part #.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Colormania
Banned

Originally Posted by Harleybass
I have a 1 of 15 Harley Radical Paint Set, and I couldn't find any stickers or markings anywhere. It has a hand lettered Bar and Shield with 11/15 on the tank. The paint job and the sidecar came as a set, with a part #.
On the right hand side of the tank near the seat there is a small bar & shield sticker under the clear coat and hand numbered limited series as you describe, the only other markings you should be able to find is under the gas tank, not visible unless the tank is removed. There is usually a quality control sticker.
All the OEM limited paint sets painted by Colormania for the factory also came with a Certificate of Authenticity that contained the limited series number and description of the paint job. I'm not sure if yours came with one or not, the previous owner might still have the certificate (if any).