General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson Custom Paint Sets

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 07:58 PM
dec1mxt
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Davidson Custom Paint Sets

Looking for some help. I have a 2010 Harley Davidson Road Glide Custom with a Limited Edition 1 of 200 Paint Sets, "Primo". I am wanting to add a Razor Tour Pack and Extended Saddlebags, my trouble is my local HD Dealership says HD cannot offer these parts to me. I have not found a local painter that can match the details on this paint. Does anyone know who paints the Custom Paint Sets for HD???? I will need to contact them to match up the paint. Thanks Mike

Old 01-08-2012, 08:10 PM
ThunderBueller
Road Master

Oh boy can I help you with this one....

If you look on the back side of some of your parts you might find QC stickers from one of the painters known to have done this set. In my case it is Gunslinger Custom Paint in Golden, CO. www.gcpaint.com or 303-225-0854
Kent is the guy to talk to for quotes on custom work. They can paint any part that is NOT offered through the dealer such as Tour Paks, different fenders, inner fairings, etc.... They do great work! I had them do my Tour Pak and am now having them paint a CVO rear fender and fascia and Tour Pak LED light bar.

The other known painter of the Primo set is AJ's in Arizona, I have no contact info but have heard they do good work as well.

What number set do you have? Gunslinger said they may have only done around 100.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:16 PM
dec1mxt
Stage IV
Default Thanks Tom

Tom, Thanks for the help!! I have set #24 so well under 100. I will call and see if they did the paint and go from there. Hopefully they are the painter and I can proceed on the bags and tourpack. Thanks, Mike

Old 01-08-2012, 09:38 PM
ColoHarleyGirl
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ThunderBueller
Oh boy can I help you with this one....

If you look on the back side of some of your parts you might find QC stickers from one of the painters known to have done this set. In my case it is Gunslinger Custom Paint in Golden, CO. www.gcpaint.com or 303-225-0854
Kent is the guy to talk to for quotes on custom work. They can paint any part that is NOT offered through the dealer such as Tour Paks, different fenders, inner fairings, etc.... They do great work! I had them do my Tour Pak and am now having them paint a CVO rear fender and fascia and Tour Pak LED light bar.

The other known painter of the Primo set is AJ's in Arizona, I have no contact info but have heard they do good work as well.

What number set do you have? Gunslinger said they may have only done around 100.
+ 1 on this. My bike is with Gunslinger as we speak. They do a top-notch job. Kent is a great guy and so it the rest of the staff. You can't go wrong. Good Luck!

Old 01-08-2012, 09:43 PM
ThunderBueller
Road Master

Originally Posted by ColoHarleyGirl
+ 1 on this. My bike is with Gunslinger as we speak. They do a top-notch job. Kent is a great guy and so it the rest of the staff. You can't go wrong. Good Luck!
Cool! Can't wait to see it.

Old 01-09-2012, 01:16 AM
Colormania
Banned

Colormania started the factory OEM custom paint program in 1999 and named it Radical Colorshop, creating the limited edition paint program for the fist time.
We painted all Radical paint sets from 1999 to 2003.

We did not paint your bike, but have all the original colors in stock. We specialize in repairing all factory custom paint 1999-2012, painting matching parts (fairings, tour packs etc.) and offer written quality and color match guarantee.

All our paint jobs are done in show quality finish and backed by a written 5 year materials and craftsmanship warranty. We are also the only painter in the industry with a on-time completion Guarantee.

For a free estimate to paint matching parts for your bike, please PM me or write to joe@colormaniapaint.com

Old 01-09-2012, 04:31 PM
dec1mxt
Stage IV

Thanks for all the responses!!! I believe I have the information I need to start planning my project. Thanks Again!!
Mike

Old 01-09-2012, 07:02 PM
macgrg
Advanced
Default AJ's Customs Mesa AZ

They did my bike. It is the Primo colors done in the Singe Pattern. The work is absolutely flawless.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:43 AM
ThunderBueller
Road Master

Originally Posted by macgrg
They did my bike. It is the Primo colors done in the Singe Pattern. The work is absolutely flawless.
I haven't seen this one before. Do you have more pics? It looks great!

Old 01-10-2012, 07:07 PM
dec1mxt
Stage IV

I like that theme in the Primo colors. Did AJ's or Gunslinger's do your paint?? Thanks Mike

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson Custom Paint Sets