General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fxrg helmet

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 11:58 PM
zedout
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fxrg helmet

Does any one use the harley fxrg full face helmet. Please help

Old 12-11-2006, 01:58 AM
ecvjohn
Banned
Default RE: fxrg helmet

I have one, what do you want to know about it?

Old 12-11-2006, 11:06 AM
zedout
Stage IV

I have never riden with a full face. I normally do not ride with a helmet, live in florida. So im trying to figure out if its comfortable and if the light weight of it makes much difference on a long ride. Im wanting to buy it to keep me safe and warm on a long winter ride . Anything you can tell me about it. What dont you like about it. Thanks very much..

Old 12-11-2006, 11:28 AM
guitarman777
Road Captain

I prefer full-face helmets, more protection if you ask me. I live in Florida as well, the only issue I see is the heat. But the FXRG has excellent airflow vents, and the lining in good full-face helmets is usually designed to draw moisture away from your face so you don't get hot. In Harley helmets, the material is Nylex. The helmet doesn't weigh all that much either. To me it's worth it. You have a local Harley dealer that you can hit up to try one on?

I'm partial to modular helmets, the face itself flips up. Useful for talking to other people when you're stopped. Harley has two, the System and the Stealth. The System is a more standard design, costs $250. The Stealth lives up to its name, to me it's the helmet version of a stealth fighter plane. Sleeker, $275 for that one. Check 'em out. They're cheaper than the FXRG you're looking at, and the Stealth has the same Nylex liner as the FXRG, good for Florida riders.

Old 12-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Crusing
Road Captain

I have one and it is made by HJC for Harley. The reason I got it was for the weight reduction properties. For me it is comfortable and does not cause any neck fatigue. However, I live in the Houston area and it seems very prone to fogging due to low visor ventilation. You may want to check out the Shoei X-11.

Old 12-11-2006, 11:48 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My wife got the FXRG cause of the safety of the full helment and all the air flow. She likes it a lot. she has her own bike too. She took the rides edge course and a dude fell face and busted his chin open that was wearing a open face helment .
I wear a full face helment. I ride in the summer with the face shield up, it cooler that way, more air flow.
If I get behind the car and some sand gets in the air I pull the face shield down. If it rains I pull the shield down. If I get into bugs real bad I will pull it down. Same thing with the cold. I got the independence model cause it has the quick release instead of D-rings . I don't have patient for D-rings, they are the thing of the past to me. I looked at the modular helments I really like them but non have quick realease. If I got to do D-rings and snap the strap. I will not do it. Its quick release or velcrow. I been riding since 1964. I respect a full helment. It protect the front of yer face plus the sides very well. Go to the dealer and look and try on the helments, walk around in the store with one on for a while. You can find out how you like it better. When you walk out the door, its yours. Hope you figure out what you like the best for you.

Old 12-11-2006, 11:56 PM
OzarkHarleyguy
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not sure how long you have been riding but I have 6 or 7 helmets and I use just about all of them. Depends on how long I'm going to be out, how far I'm gonna ride, whether its on backroads or the super-slab; summer or winter. Some subscribe to the theory that one FF helmet for everything but I prefer my tool chest to be full with different wrenches for different jobs.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:41 PM
newlowrider
Stage I

I've always ridden with a full face helmet and was really interested in the FXRG, but when I saw it was made by HJC I did a little research. The FXRG seems to be the same helmet as the HJC AC-10 Carbon, with two big differences. The first is obviously the graphics, but the second is the price. The FXRG goes for $475 while the HJC lists for $420 and I found one on ebay brand new for $275 including the shipping. Like most of you I was looking for something light, well vented and kinda cool looking too. It was nice to find out I could get all three for a lot less than I thought.

[IMG]local://upfiles/51685/BB3524239C88467AA53CAC9AB6ECAB87.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/51685/8889812AEBAF40B7B4CC1D7390A93909.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Cotton Hill
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I just got the HJC AC-10 Carbon, last week. Ebay $277. The HD version $475. Same thing your choice.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:55 PM
94centennial
Intermediate
Default fxrg helmet

best fitting helmet i've ever tried.. light weight. wear for hours.

one problem however:
i broke a vent tab. i'm told by HD that parts are not available forthis helmet!!!!!!!!!!

should have bought a cheap one.

94centennial

Quick Reply: fxrg helmet