General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has Anyone Done The Fuel Moto 98 Big Bore Kit ??

Old 01-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Iron lHorse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,341 Likes on 1,151 Posts
Default Has Anyone Done The Fuel Moto 98 Big Bore Kit ??

I'm looking for some reviews on this kit. Was it worth the money,did you get the performance you were looking for, did you do the job yourself ?

Old 01-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Iron lHorse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,341 Likes on 1,151 Posts

I read they are available & shipping. So someone must be buying this.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:00 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 14,560 Likes on 4,607 Posts

fuel moto makes good stuff and you're going from 88 right, shold be just fine, never used that though

Old 01-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Sledge Hammer
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, I did the Fuel Moto 98 to my 2005 Ultra. Because I am in Central Wisconsin, I only got to ride it once when I picked it up and it was about 28-29 degrees at the time. I rode it for about 20 minutes and was smiling ear to ear. It is the bike Harley should have built. I got the Woods TW 555 cam, the Hydraulic cam tensioner, 10 to 1 forged pistons and the Fuel Moto Level B Head. After a few runs on the dyno they had to install a heavier clutch spring as it started to slip due to the additional power. Dyno results were horse power was 100.37 and the torque was 106.75. I am very happy. I did leave some power on the table as I still have the stock headpipe with some rush slip ons. A 2 into one would have gained more power. I already had a PCII and SE air cleaner.

Attached Thumbnails Has Anyone Done The Fuel Moto 98 Big Bore Kit ??-walters98.jpg  

Last edited by Sledge Hammer; 01-19-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:09 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 14,560 Likes on 4,607 Posts

Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer
Yes, I did the Fuel Moto 98 to my 2005 Ultra. Because I am in Central Wisconsin, I only got to ride it once when I picked it up and it was about 28-29 degrees at the time. I rode it for about 20 minutes and was smiling ear to ear. It is the bike Harley should have built. I got the Woods TW 555 cam, the Hydraulic cam tensioner, 10 to 1 forged pistons and the Fuel Moto Level B Head. After a few runs on the dyno on the dyno they had to install a heavier clutch spring as it started to slip due to the additional power. Dyno results were horse power was 100.37 and the torque was 106.75. I am very happy.
I think you were only smiling for about 2 minutes, then the 29 degrees kicked in and your mouth/smile was frozen in that shape for the rest of the evening!!!

Old 01-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Sledge Hammer
Cruiser

To be honest, I think I went for about 18 minutes before I even realized it was cold

Old 01-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Sledge Hammer
Cruiser

By the way, Fuel Moto did it for me. When I factored in what it would cost to take back to have a Dyno tune the money they charge to due the work seemed reasonable and gave me peace of mind.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Since I have been a member any thread that had anything to do with fuel MOTO has been top notch. Jamie is always answering members questions,they test on their own dime different combos and post their findings in various threads. As far as I have seen that is a top notch company with excellent customer service.
I remember a thread where some guy was bit hung about something and Jamie hadn't responded to him(it was a weekend iirc) immediately so the customer was on here posting his grievances. I think it was a tuner and a map that wasn't just perfect.
It was really one sided until Jamie popped into the thread. Then the truth came out and even though I though Jamie should tell the guy to go straight to hell I am pretty sure Jamie basically gave the guy a custom tuned map complete with a bunch of extra stuff to do with it for nothing.
I think the guy got his tuner on a Friday,it was a custom build with cams and heads. Jamie wrote up a tune that should have gotten the customer close enough to run then the buyer could use his laptop to fine tune but the customer was a total dick and cause Jamie didn't get back to him immediately(weekend) he came on here talking ****. So Jamie did some fine tuning for free(didn't have too,wasn't included on the cost of just buying a tuner) and basically wrote a custom map. As far as I am concerned it was above and beyond excellent customer service.
If you are gonna spend money. That company definitely is one to spend it with.

Old 01-20-2012, 03:16 AM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron lHorse
I'm looking for some reviews on this kit. Was it worth the money,did you get the performance you were looking for, did you do the job yourself ?
Oh Man! you made me go look at the website and now i want the 107!

Old 01-20-2012, 03:42 PM
bubbas1
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

I installed the 98 on my bike a few weeks ago.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...plete-yet.html

It is complete now...cant edit title thread.

I went with the 98 kit and level B headwork. I also switched out to the Jackpot mufflers because the Sampsons I had on there had to small of a baffle in it so it held back the horsepower. I have V&H true Duals so I could get a little more out of it if I wanted to change them out but I like the T/D and for me the cost wouldnt be worth the benefit.

By doing it my self it actually cost me more than having Fuel moto do it from the get go. It was the screwups I made that cost me. (Its described in the thread) Saying that I would do it again myself in a heartbeat only because I like working on my bike.

Final results with FuelMoto doing the tune.

I put on 70 miles before the snow flew and it was a huge difference.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Has Anyone Done The Fuel Moto 98 Big Bore Kit ??