General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hardcore Biker Supplies - BS

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Vikingur
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardcore Biker Supplies - BS

So, I ordered a vest from hardcorebikersupplies.com, and it wasn’t quite what I was expecting. I wanted to make sure everyone knew exactly what to expect from them so they don’t feel duped in the end:

I placed an order for the “Black Leather Vest with Bay Area Collar & Black Lining w/HD Trim” you can see here:
http://www.hardcorebikersupplies.com/REDLINEDVEST.html

Looking at the website, it states on the “Vests” picture on the left-hand side that their vests are “Made in U.S.A.”
That was what I was expecting. I am kind of in between sizes, so I emailed Del Ray (owner) and told him my measurements and he suggested a size for me. I placed the order. Vest arrived quickly, seemed like it was nice quality, just didn’t quite fit like I wanted - needed the other size. I emailed Del Ray, he gave me the RA# and told me to send it back with a money order for the restocking fee ($40, which I felt was a little excessive, and I’ll admit I didn’t see on the website when I first ordered - my bad). Aside from the restocking fee, no complaints so far.

So I send it back. I know it arrived b/c they force you to get a tracking #. Couple weeks go by, no exchanged vest. Shoot him several emails before he responds. Finally get the right size in the mail, and it looks almost identical in style to the larger size except for one thing. There is a piping separating the orange and black parts of the lining that has “First Classics Leather Gear” written on it. I thought it weird that a vest would have two brands - the very clearly marked “1%er TM USA” patch sewn inside, and ALSO the piping that clearly looks like a different company’s tag. I Google “First Classics Leather” and find this:
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/351-575

The exact same vest for $100 less.

So, I email Del Ray, pretty pissed at this point, and ask him if he really charged me $100 to sew his company’s patch inside the vest (that is made in Pakistan - NOT in the US). Guess who fell off the face of the earth? Tried emailing several times, tried contacting him through the website. Nothing. All I wanted was for him to accept the return and give me my money back. I wouldn’t put a scathing review up anywhere; I would just leave well enough alone. Never heard back from the MFer.

Sold it on eBay and made some of my money back, but I just wanted everyone to be aware of what they are buying if they choose to do business with Hardcore Biker Supplies. Quality vest, just not American quality, and shouldn’t be priced as such. The company...not as good of quality as the vest. Buyers beware; learn from my experience.

Last edited by IzzoQuazzo; 05-31-2013 at 01:23 PM. Reason: foul language removed
Old 01-19-2012, 03:55 PM
silverwolf79
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hunt him down and beat his *** , a damn good *** whoopin' is the only thing these people understand !

Old 01-19-2012, 04:09 PM
purpledeuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 642 Likes on 377 Posts

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, file a charge back

Old 01-19-2012, 04:12 PM
knewt5
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks!!!!!

There is a leather shop near me (In Massachusetts) that makes the nicest vests. Check them out at www.US1leather.com .

Nice people, family business and they make it all right here in Massachusetts.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:20 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Pond scum.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:25 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

That sucks! I have a First Classic leather shirt that is decent quality and made in Pakistan.

I'd recommend Fox Creek Leather if you want a good quality USA made vest. I have two of them and am very happy with their quality and service. They have their own family run facility in VA and the vests start around $100 when on sale.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:27 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,829 Likes on 17,453 Posts

You guys kill me you jump all over this stuff sight unseen with internet sales using email only and no phones contacts or live person to ask questions of first then get the panties all knotted when the obvious happens . Did the whole world go brain dead for sensible shopping practices the last 10 years or something ?

Shoes , personal clothing & outer wear should be a hands on thing if you expect to get what you want and have it fit correctly , thought that was a no brainer dummy me .

Old 01-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Jd Swiper
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about that bro....Thanks for the heads up!!!!

Old 01-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, that's bullshit. Good to know. Deleting their bookmark, if that is the way they do business I'll take mine elsewhere. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I find it very sad that some people insist on business practices such as this in the days where one thread such ad this exposes it.
I don't mind buying a vest made in Pakistan if the price reflects the product. I also don't mind paying top dollar for top quality stuff.
The whole re-badging thing must be against some form of law,not that I suggest involving any form of law enforcement into this however perhaps the original manufacturer/importer might be interested in this

Quick Reply: Hardcore Biker Supplies - BS