General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blaze Anti-Fog Product - Scam/ripoff?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 03:14 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,083 Likes on 2,600 Posts

Originally Posted by BiggDogg
That sucks, I spit on my snorkeling mask before diving, that usually works for about 30 min. i heard toothpaste does to, but it has to be normal toothe paste, not any kind with crazy sparkles or die to make little kids like it
Toothpaste works good for snorkeling / Scuba diving. Not sure if I would use it on my Oakley's though...

Old 02-05-2012, 02:04 PM
titched
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to say I got taken by the same scam company. Looked great at the mc show. Only got taken for $20. About a week later tried it on my glasses. Tried the spray first and it was like I didn't put anything on. I happen to be back in the area of my house so I stopped home and tried the wax. Guess what it did...NOT work. Stuff is a waste of money. DO NOT BUY! I am gonna try shaving cream first then the other things listed. Read some reviews on amazon. Seems like it's hit or miss. I need the stuff for cold weather riding. I did see a new mask at the show from schamba i think. Should have bought it. It had a flexible piece for your nose like a dust mask. That should keep the hot air from your glasses.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:47 PM
OsoFat
Cruiser

Yeah, I picked up some of this crap at the IMS. I wasn't that suprised to find that it didn't work. In fact, it may be worse than a naked visor. I've also used Clarity D-fogit, with equally disappointing results. The only thing that seems to work, is cracking the visor open just a tad, and keep moving. I guess the pinlock systems are good, but pricey. I may have to go that route, next winter.

Bear

Old 02-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Hecklerboy
Road Warrior
Received 879 Likes on 382 Posts

There's a reason they are slick and fast talking.
Their product doesn't work.
We need to lodge a complaint with IMS and ask them not to allow this vendor in the building.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:36 PM
cdemarse
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fogtech. Stuff is amazing.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:55 PM
len_atwork
Tourer

There was a thread about anti fog stuff the other day. I picked up some stuff called FogOff at Cycle Gear last year. I ride to work at 6am and lately the temp has been in the mid 30's. I got stopped at a light the other morning and never needed to pop the face shield open. The visor did get moisture on it, but it didn't fog.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:17 PM
MalteseFalcn
Cruiser
Thumbs down Scam website back up?

I happened to notice that Blaze Anti-Fog's website was back up, after they let their .domain expire following the D.C. and NYC motorcycle shows.

I thought, oh great, I can send them another email now asking to refund my money! And it was to a regular hotmail address, not just a website submission form.

Except that the email bounced back as undeliverable. I re-sent it from a different account of mine, actually a hotmail address just like theirs. Bounced back even quicker. Doesn't exist.

I filed a BBB complaint, for all the good that will do.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:31 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Blaze Does Suck!

Originally Posted by MalteseFalcn
Blaze Anti-Fog stuff
$25 later I wandered away from the fast-talkin' salesman with their product kit.
To bad you didn't read my "show review" from the NY IMS show this year. You could have saved $25. I was more fortunate than you. I opted to only buy the small applicator jar for $10. He tried like a beast to sell me the package, but I stuck to the small container or nothing at all. My search for a good anti fog treatment or piece of equipment continues. I've seen some interesting $100 goggles with a circulator fan built in over the temple. Interested in trying them out first?

Old 02-06-2012, 01:26 PM
MalteseFalcn
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
To bad you didn't read my "show review" from the NY IMS show this year. You could have saved $25. I was more fortunate than you. I opted to only buy the small applicator jar for $10. He tried like a beast to sell me the package, but I stuck to the small container or nothing at all. My search for a good anti fog treatment or piece of equipment continues. I've seen some interesting $100 goggles with a circulator fan built in over the temple. Interested in trying them out first?
Unfortunately he snatched the eyeglasses off my dear darling wife's face and "cleaned" them before we had a chance to punch him, so she felt guiltily obligated to buy, buy, buy. All I would have even wanted was some anti-fog product for my helmet visor.

My dear wife is a much nicer person than I am.

Anyway, I'm saving up my pennies and nickels to buy an Arai helmet later this year. It comes with Pinlock as standard equipment. So my days of helmet fogging are hopefully just the next few months.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Blackfly
Road Master
Received 39 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
Aren't those the guys that set up right next to the vendors selling those funky little bracelets that won't let you tip over when they pull down on your arms? And those guys are always next to the pet psychics (best job in the freaking world).
No such thing as anti-fog - always a rip-off. Don't feel bad, they get everyone once.
Double lenses are the only thing that works (ski type).
As my friend's son tells us about that braclet he bought at the mall, I know it's B.S. so I think for a minute after he describes the sales pitch and I figured it out- I did it right there using a majic - whatever, match stick, name it. When they first push on you they push sideways (can't stand on one leg) then after giving you the majic match stick they are carefull to push DOWN at an angle towards the leg you stand on so you don't fall. Mystery solved.

Last edited by Blackfly; 02-06-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Blaze Anti-Fog Product - Scam/ripoff?