General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blaze Anti-Fog Product - Scam/ripoff?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 07:34 AM
PUNCHROADKING
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The anti fog crap didn't work for me either. You must have gotten the same vendor I did. I tried it over and over and came up with "believe none of what you hear and half of what you see" . After making the same mistake you did I'll believe none of what I see also. I chalked it up to a loss on my part. The other item I purchased over the years was the reuseable heat pad. This pad or jell is activated by a little metal clicker thing. The jell gets hot and stays hot for hours. When your finished all you do is put the jell pad in warm/ hot water and its ready for next time. After boiling this jell pad for about 15 minutes it's ready next time. I figured I used more energy boiling this junk. I'm going to get a old fashioned hot water bottle at Walmart for $5.00. I guess i haven't learned yet.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Chuck1
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by PUNCHROADKING
The anti fog crap didn't work for me either. You must have gotten the same vendor I did. I tried it over and over and came up with "believe none of what you hear and half of what you see" . After making the same mistake you did I'll believe none of what I see also. I chalked it up to a loss on my part. The other item I purchased over the years was the reuseable heat pad. This pad or jell is activated by a little metal clicker thing. The jell gets hot and stays hot for hours. When your finished all you do is put the jell pad in warm/ hot water and its ready for next time. After boiling this jell pad for about 15 minutes it's ready next time. I figured I used more energy boiling this junk. I'm going to get a old fashioned hot water bottle at Walmart for $5.00. I guess i haven't learned yet.
Ha ha, that's funny, we checked out the water bottles. The time to boil scared me away.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:02 AM
Chuck1
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

After a couple heavy coats of this stuff it seemed to work?? I'm not giving up yet.

Last edited by Chuck1; 02-02-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:38 AM
Trucky911
Road Warrior

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

I bought some stuff called Z-Wax Anti Fog at the IMS in Novi Mi. a few years ago. It does not work either! Stay away from this stuff also.......

Trucky911

Old 09-04-2013, 07:05 AM
Ultra90Harley
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny or not so funny they got me at Milwaukee. Fortunately just purchased the stuff for your glasses. Two for $12. It seems like it does OK for a cleaner but an anti fog, wish I would have read this post beforehand. The glasses and the humidifier got me too. We all seem to get caught up with the options at these places from time to time. Like you said, at least it was a somewhat low cost lesson.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Grand-Dragon
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I was the sap who bought this crap at the Las Vegas Bikefest and got the spray bottle and little wax container for a bargain $20, well, that's what he said.

Certainly, we all agree this stuff doesn't work and you may as well start your money on fire.

They get you by it being "Only $20" and do you really want to get really upset and make a scene for that small amount? They hope you just look at it like you got taken in 3 card monty.

Save your money and walk by these carnival barkers.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Killer Squirrel
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They got me at the Lone Star Rally last year, I only got the small pack though. Tried it a few times with no success. If you have a full face helmet the pin-loc shield inserts actually work perfectly. Since I traded out my face shield for a pin-loc shield I have never had to deal with fogging up, at all.

Old 10-23-2014, 03:25 PM
veritas.archangel
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Strange. I see all these posts about this stuff not working, and yet mine has worked amazing. My daughter's faceshield was horrible for fogging and when we used Blaze it stopped and hasn't had a problem since.

Today, I put some on the inside of the windshield of my car (heater has got out and repair means replacing the entire dash), and I had no issues with fogging at all. And to compare, just yesterday the windshield fogged completely within minutes of driving off.

Just wish I could find more.

Old 10-23-2014, 05:07 PM
wastedranger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 174 Likes on 127 Posts

Z wax guys got me a few years ago. I think it's all the same they just change name every few years to keep getting new sales. Stuff does not work. I got the wax the spray and a couple micro fibers for 25$. I let them clean my glasses now and move on. Lol. We will never learn. Lol! If it really did work word would be on the street and you wouldn't be able to get your hands on the stuff.