General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blaze Anti-Fog Product - Scam/ripoff?

Old 01-30-2012, 10:30 AM
MalteseFalcn
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Blaze Anti-Fog Product - Scam/ripoff?

So I saw this vendor booth at the Progressive motorcycle show for Blaze Anti-Fog stuff. The claim was that it cleans glasses and visors, and more importantly renders helmet visors fog-free. This is a problem for me in winter riding, so of course I was impressed by the prop display at the convention where they had a humidifier set up, held up a partially-treated visor over it and lo and behold, the treated half did not fog up.

$25 later I wandered away from the fast-talkin' salesman with their product kit.

Well I guess you can see where this is going. I got home and tried it out (simple spray on/rub off directions), and breathed on my visor. Fogged right up. Tried a second application and went riding. Fogged up every time I stopped. Tried the Blaze 'wax' on a pair of eyeglasses... didn't clean them, and in fact seemed to distort the lenses a little bit. (Yes, I applied it properly.)

Went on the company's website last week. No physical address. No names of company officers or salesmen. I emailed them through a contact link asking to return their product, no response. Tried going back on the website yesterday and today... went right to godaddy.com domain site. "Notice: This doman name expired on 1/26/12."

I'm not in a blind fury about losing 25 clams. Yes I value money, but it's not like I got "taken" for a week's salary or anything. Just thought I'd share my personal product review here in order to warn fellow riders, and also to ask whether anyone else has tried Blaze and agree or disagree.

Thanks.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:42 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,187 Likes on 1,264 Posts

I don't think there is an anti-fog treatment on the planet that actually works but thanks for posting this one up as another fail.

My best treatment for fogging is to lift up the visor just before you get to the stop then put it down again after you get moving. Yeah, it's a pain but it works.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:55 AM
DTDK
Road Captain

I think this is the same stuff they sell at sturgis, they had about 50 little booths around, and they had it under about 4 or 5 names and 4 or 5 different colors. The dude grabbed my glasses and started cleaning them, and got pissed when i did not want to buy their stuff.

Anyhow, the best anti fog stuff i have used is either: Cat Crap, or Sea Drops, Cat Crap you can find at places that sell snow skiing stuff, and Sea Drops you can get at scuba shops. I use both and both have worked for me, maybe not work 100% the way we would like them to, but they do usually work and it is definitely better then nothing.

here they are on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/McNett-Drops-A.../dp/B0055QEI8O

http://www.amazon.com/Ek-123625-Cat-...7942715&sr=1-1

Last edited by DTDK; 01-30-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Aren't those the guys that set up right next to the vendors selling those funky little bracelets that won't let you tip over when they pull down on your arms? And those guys are always next to the pet psychics (best job in the freaking world).
No such thing as anti-fog - always a rip-off. Don't feel bad, they get everyone once.
Double lenses are the only thing that works (ski type).

Old 01-30-2012, 12:56 PM
gambler
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This stuff works. I have used it for a couple of years now.

http://www.motosolutions.com/

Old 01-30-2012, 01:07 PM
rdb1976
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shaving cream works, too. Squirt on a clean, dry cloth and rub on until clear and dry. Only lasts about a week, but it's cheaper than $25 snake oil that doesn't work.

Old 01-30-2012, 01:33 PM
MalteseFalcn
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
Aren't those the guys that set up right next to the vendors selling those funky little bracelets that won't let you tip over when they pull down on your arms? And those guys are always next to the pet psychics (best job in the freaking world).
lol, I did have to wonder about some of the vendors there. This was my first "big" cycle convention show and I found myself asking "and what exactly does this have to do with cycles??"

Old 01-30-2012, 01:36 PM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks, I spit on my snorkeling mask before diving, that usually works for about 30 min. i heard toothpaste does to, but it has to be normal toothe paste, not any kind with crazy sparkles or die to make little kids like it

Old 01-30-2012, 01:40 PM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MalteseFalcn
So I saw this vendor booth at the Progressive motorcycle show for Blaze Anti-Fog stuff. The claim was that it cleans glasses and visors, and more importantly renders helmet visors fog-free. This is a problem for me in winter riding, so of course I was impressed by the prop display at the convention where they had a humidifier set up, held up a partially-treated visor over it and lo and behold, the treated half did not fog up.

$25 later I wandered away from the fast-talkin' salesman with their product kit.

Well I guess you can see where this is going. I got home and tried it out (simple spray on/rub off directions), and breathed on my visor. Fogged right up. Tried a second application and went riding. Fogged up every time I stopped. Tried the Blaze 'wax' on a pair of eyeglasses... didn't clean them, and in fact seemed to distort the lenses a little bit. (Yes, I applied it properly.)

Went on the company's website last week. No physical address. No names of company officers or salesmen. I emailed them through a contact link asking to return their product, no response. Tried going back on the website yesterday and today... went right to godaddy.com domain site. "Notice: This doman name expired on 1/26/12."

I'm not in a blind fury about losing 25 clams. Yes I value money, but it's not like I got "taken" for a week's salary or anything. Just thought I'd share my personal product review here in order to warn fellow riders, and also to ask whether anyone else has tried Blaze and agree or disagree.

Thanks.
They got me at Las Vegas BikeFest. Never again.
I feel like punching one of those guys if I see them again.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:30 PM
kzoo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clarity anti fog it I think is what it is called. Works for me. Little multi use wipes. I get them at Walmart optical dept for about 4 bucks for 3 wipes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blaze Anti-Fog Product - Scam/ripoff?