General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost My Gremlin bell!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Moonrider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lost My Gremlin bell!

Well wifey and I went south today for a late lunch and Just before the exit in the middle lane surounded by cages and a very big cage with lotsa wheels right behind me, all of a sudden everyone was swerving in and out of their lanes. I just had time to go "SH-T" before I came upon 4 rather large pieces of truck tire. I tried to go in between a couple but one was still rolling from being hit. I still tried to hit the flat part but the upturned end still caught the right lower fork taking the axle cover, Gremlin bell and bending the crashbar. All in all I think we got away very lucky. We were motoring along at 75mph so I am sure that things could of been much worse. Now I just have to get my brother-inlaw to give me another GB. He gave me the last one. Got to keep the good juju flowing.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 03-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Honey-Badger
Extreme HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 256 Posts

My money is on my skill vs a tinker bell... Never understood why so many... Nevermind.

Old 03-25-2012, 09:08 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,804 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlackPharoah
My money is on my skill vs a tinker bell... Never understood why so many... Nevermind.
hear ya BP.Ever go to a motorcycle salvage yard and see how many are in there.Skill any day.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:06 PM
murd
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya... the hell with the bell. Your skill saved your azz.
But, I hope you get a new bell in any case.
Glad you and your wife are ok.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:30 PM
warrconn
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gotta agree with others here, it was your skill as a rider that pulled your fat from the fire, not some bell. I've got one attached to my fork-mounted tool bag because my wife gave it to me. Personally, I don't believe in that kind of crap.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:12 AM
Monzie
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaking of losing a G-Bell me and the wife pulled in the garage tonight and the wife looks at me and say's "Hey my bell is gone". Sure enough the key ring it was on is still there but the bell is gone. I'm like both of mine are good. Now she is kinda freaked "I can't ride till I get a new bell" which I will get her. Still weird losing the bell and none of the hardware with it.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:54 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote=Monzie;9575647 Still weird losing the bell and none of the hardware with it.[/quote]

Yea, they some impish little critters..........steel'n just a bell.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:24 AM
RaSh
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,422 Likes on 5,534 Posts
Default Bell

C'mon BP, they are just a fun trinket that gives us something to reference when we've had a close one. Mine was made special because it was a gift from a woman friend that I've known for about 30 years, and it was her way of saying "Enjoy your bike, be careful, and don't get hurt."

To the OP, "Good on you" it could have been bad, those can be massive bits of rubber to navigate through and over. Could have ended differently, and you obviously did the right things.

Stay safe everyone.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:30 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

lol...now thats always gonna be in the back of your mind, it would mine. With that said only thing else comes to mind is that you will be on your tip toes and very aware for awile...heheh.

Quick Reply: Lost My Gremlin bell!