General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The broken wings patch?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: The broken wings patch?

ORIGINAL: HD7585

Their not for a wreck that you walk away from uninjured. Thus the name "Broken Wings"
Does a broken Collarbone and 6 ribs along with 2 months out of work Qualify?

Old 12-20-2006, 12:07 AM
Alias
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my first bad wreck in 1973, hit a car that turned left in front of me. broke just about every bone in my body. I couldn't ride for over 2 years.

Next was not that bad, went off the road at about 45 into a ditch full of water. broke right hand and left shin.

Last timewas about three weeks ago, my bike will be fixed in about 6 more weeks and my left hand and arm should be healed enough to use the clutch by then. My right leg and back will provable hurt the rest of my life. (At lest it feels that way.)

My question is where would you find that patch? I ask at the Stealer in Ft. Myers, Fl.and they never heard of it.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:13 PM
JAMES2
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

ORIGINAL: ******

ORIGINAL: HD7585

Their not for a wreck that you walk away from uninjured. Thus the name "Broken Wings"
Does a broken Collarbone and 6 ribs along with 2 months out of work Qualify?
apparently only if you go to the hospital!!!!!!!!!!!
I went down on the road one time, 45mph had the front drum on a old chopper I had lock up when I put on the brake. Went over the bars, landed on both hands, sprained both wrists and ground the meat off one elbow. When I stopped sliding I was stood up on the double yellow line, located the bike, stood it up, looked it over. Wired the brake up, fired it up and rode home, bent forks and all. Didn't go to the hospital or doctors and never missed a day of work. Couldn't care less about a patch. To each their own.

Old 12-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Humanoid
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the back of my vest I have a big Harley-D eagle and on the the very bottom left I put the small Texas flag. Would the Texas flag be viewed as a territorial thing? I planned on putting flags from all the states I visited on bottom of my vest but dont want to get any heat for it.

Thanks

Old 12-28-2006, 11:40 AM
Alaska Bobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No it would not be considered territorial by most. However, I can't speak for every douchebag in the country. I personally think it is a cool idea.

Old 01-04-2007, 12:37 AM
thunderbirdblue2
Tourer

I earned mine in the 70s... finally put it on today...

Old 01-04-2007, 02:53 PM
392heminut
Road Captain

Well, I guess I earned them. Broken shoulder blade, collapsed lung, a BUNCH of broken ribs, and 8 days in a trauma hospital. Gotta tell you, that chest tube was no picnic when they put it in. Got the bike back last week and I'm ridin' again!

Old 01-12-2007, 12:39 PM
thunderbirdblue2
Tourer

[align=left]Broken Wings Definitions:[/align][align=left]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_Wings[/align]http://www.comnet.ca/~cochon/terms.htm

Old 01-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Steeltown
Tourer

Too answer somebody's question as to who earned it and who didn't. There are a few different opinions on this, it's a cultural thing, that cannot be defined by a dictionary. I've gone down twice, first time I slid along wet grass<don't ask> second time I slid under a pick up truck for about 60 feet. Neither time went to the hospital, second time I definitely should have...but being my stubborn self I went home and drank a case of beer instead...my knee balloned up like a bowling ball...went a week later to find out that I had chipped off pieces of my petalla...no biggy to me.

My opinion, and only mine, is that if you had your life flash before your eyes in a serious crash, and you still ride you've earned the patch...having said that I don't wear one....maybe someday, but to be honest I just don't give it much mind

Old 01-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Bryanp
Tourer

Hey so do i qualify? Careful the last pic might not be for everyone (if its too graphic let me know and i'll remove it). Took a long time after surgery to be able to walk on that damn leg proper again. Think i'll be adding that patch soon.

Quick Reply: The broken wings patch?