General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona, Stolen Bike Week.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 08:45 PM
bikefxds
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by themensh
Don't know, and never needed to try this...but put a note on your seat or tank that says "F&#K you YOU F&^K! You screwed my wife one too many times! Try and start your bike A$$hole!!!"

(It might work....)
That's a good one man. Probably won't work though. Almost all of the time those rides are parted out and sold to fences or shipped overseas. I retired from a Super Max prison in Minnesota. The bikers(that's what they called themselves) who were thieves told me that if they want them, nothing will stop 'em. One of 'em said he outfitted a long cargo type truck. He gutted it out and took out the floor behind the front seats. Then they rigged up a lift system so they could open the back door of the box, drive right up to the bike and lift it into the cargo box space...he said they could steal any bike they wanted within 30 seconds. Inmates like to embellish stories, but I wouldn't put it past them to devise something cleaver like that.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:56 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

3 years ago at a Rally with some friends...one of them had their SG stolen. It was Saturday night and did not realize it til Sunday morning.

Since it was on private property had to get the Sheriff out to do a report...turns out 3 bikes were stolen that night...the other two were metrics.

The two metric owners had trailered their bikes, so after they did the report they got in their cages are went on home.

My bud had ridden to the Rally and the rest of us were 2 up, so he had no way home. He called a friend for a ride to come pick him up. We hung with him while he was waiting.

He was pretty depressed and finished off a fifth of JD pretty quick...pretty soon was talking to the owner of the property about how he was retired and was gonna come back and not leave until he found who had stole his bike, gut them and get his bike back or equivalent if it was already parted out.

After about 2 hours of his crazed ramblings....guess what...his bike showed up in the back of a trailer!

The story was that it had been found in the woods. Yeah, right!

Anyway, we ain't been back to that rally, and now a bunch of us learned to actually lock up our bikes, even at private rallys. Sad.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 03-13-2012, 10:02 PM
kyleplusitunes
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had my huffy stolen when i was in 6th grade from the bike rack at school. it never got found but i miss that thing to this day, it was my pride and joy

Old 03-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Pagan48
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never had one stolen but truly believe that security systems, fork locks, disk locks, cables etc won't stop them if they want your bike. Carry good insurance and gap insurance if you're still making payments. LoJack is not available in all areas and isn't a theft deterrent but a recovery system if there's anything left to recover.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:26 PM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member

if they want it it's gone. if i catch them they are gone. i live to catch a thief stealing my bike. i would empty a mag in his/her chest. i could care less about the consequences.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:22 AM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry i read it three times don`t get it

Old 03-14-2012, 01:28 AM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 980 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_mama
if they want it it's gone. if i catch them they are gone. i live to catch a thief stealing my bike. i would empty a mag in his/her chest. i could care less about the consequences.
That's stupid as ****, why would you give up that many years of your life for a bike? Hell if you got enough money to have a lawyer get you off scott free for shooting a theif grave yard dead, you could easley afford a brand new harley of your choice with all the bells and whistels that any one could ask for. I am only asking

Old 03-14-2012, 01:39 AM
jo_mama
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by 6 gun
That's stupid as ****, why would you give up that many years of your life for a bike? Hell if you got enough money to have a lawyer get you off scott free for shooting a theif grave yard dead, you could easley afford a brand new harley of your choice with all the bells and whistels that any one could ask for. I am only asking
2 words... temporary insanity

Old 03-14-2012, 02:32 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_mama
40 years ago you were allowed to shoot thieves. Since then we started treating the law abiding citizen, defending his property, as the criminal.

If we went back to the old way, there would be less crime. And more Mom's on the Today show whining about how some "Bad Man", shot "My good little boy".

Old 03-14-2012, 05:19 AM
kajunkruzer
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DK Custom
3 years ago at a Rally with some friends...one of them had their SG stolen. It was Saturday night and did not realize it til Sunday morning.

Since it was on private property had to get the Sheriff out to do a report...turns out 3 bikes were stolen that night...the other two were metrics.

The two metric owners had trailered their bikes, so after they did the report they got in their cages are went on home.

My bud had ridden to the Rally and the rest of us were 2 up, so he had no way home. He called a friend for a ride to come pick him up. We hung with him while he was waiting.

He was pretty depressed and finished off a fifth of JD pretty quick...pretty soon was talking to the owner of the property about how he was retired and was gonna come back and not leave until he found who had stole his bike, gut them and get his bike back or equivalent if it was already parted out.

After about 2 hours of his crazed ramblings....guess what...his bike showed up in the back of a trailer!

The story was that it had been found in the woods. Yeah, right!

Anyway, we ain't been back to that rally, and now a bunch of us learned to actually lock up our bikes, even at private rallys. Sad.
Care to share the name of the rally with the rest of us. I see you're from Mississippi, I don't want to end up at this private rally. Was this at Sandy Hook?

Quick Reply: Daytona, Stolen Bike Week.