General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indiana/Ohio day ride destination ideas needed.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Rway
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Indiana/Ohio day ride destination ideas needed.

I live near Richmond Indiana in central Indiana just a few miles from the Ohio line.

I am asking you all for ideas for some day ride destinations.

They don't have to be anything big or greatly exciting because the the ride there and back is really the best part. But am looking for landmarks to see or maybe just a place to get a great sandwich or such.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Old 03-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Harleyrider_49
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rway
I live near Richmond Indiana in central Indiana just a few miles from the Ohio line.

They don't have to be anything big or greatly exciting because the the ride there and back is really the best part. But am looking for landmarks to see or maybe just a place to get a great sandwich or such.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
This whole area,dude.....kind'a like a mini Gatlinburg,can spend the day around there and /or ride it all....from my locale...I usually do a big loop....North to Columbus,then 46 to Nashville,then over to Bloomington,from there I go South on 37 to Frenchlick/West Baden....leave there on 150 to New Albany,then.....back North on 31,or I65 back to the house.....It's a good 10-12 hrs if ya stop and spend time at any destination on the route....

http://www.browncounty.com/

http://www.browncountystatepark.com/

http://www.frenchlick.com/

may be in Nashville myself this wk/end....d'pend'n on weather......

Old 03-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Superfly3176
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Old 03-29-2012, 07:04 PM
Ridin on the darkside
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleyrider_49
This whole area,dude.....kind'a like a mini Gatlinburg,can spend the day around there and /or ride it all....from my locale...I usually do a big loop....North to Columbus,then 46 to Nashville,then over to Bloomington,from there I go South on 37 to Frenchlick/West Baden....leave there on 150 to New Albany,then.....back North on 31,or I65 back to the house.....It's a good 10-12 hrs if ya stop and spend time at any destination on the route....

http://www.browncounty.com/

http://www.browncountystatepark.com/

http://www.frenchlick.com/

may be in Nashville myself this wk/end....d'pend'n on weather......
I may take that route myself. Dont forget Harley of Bloomington(15% off license products on Sat.)

Old 03-29-2012, 09:15 PM
purevil71
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ridin on the darkside
I may take that route myself. Dont forget Harley of Bloomington(15% off license products on Sat.)
HOLY S#!T...someone else on here from Bedford...Damn its a small world!!!

Does anyone know if the Dock down in Levinsworth is opened back up yet? There's some great riding down that way, and the Dock is a great place to eat.

Wife and I are planning on going down to Little Nashville this weekend as well.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:21 PM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master

Stopped by Harley of Bloomington from time to time. Didn't know they have 15% off on Sat. Is it an on-going thing? I might be heading to Nashville this weekend myself, from SW indy.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:26 PM
BigRed11
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rway

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
You could swing over to Wright Patterson Air Force base and check out the museum. I grew up in Richmond and still have alot of family there!

Old 03-30-2012, 07:51 AM
simpkinst
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If you like hills and scenery - you have to head to South East Ohio. There are State Parks in this are that have very affordable campsites or cabins to rent. Facilities are kept very clean and that hot shower is nice.

You can get a tent site for 20 bucks a night - of course the cabins are a bit more.

The Hocking Hills State park area is a wonderful pace to ride - nice twists and hills. Plus there are hikes to Old Man Cave and such that is a nice break if you need one.

Not much but good rides and nature in this part of the state. Bring a fishing rod with you if that's your thing - all kinds of lakes in this area.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Amish gone bad
Tourer

Tipton Indiana for the Pork Festival

Thorntown Indiana for the Festival of the Turning Leafs

The name is escaping me but the one place just north of Tipton claims to be the home of both James Dean and Garfield the Cat. Fairmount?

For Ohio just head to anything or anywhere in Holmes County.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Amish gone bad
Tourer

OK -- the wife just reminded me of two more in Ohio -- the Shelby County Fair in Sidney and the Square Fair in Lima. The AMA museum is also a kicking place with the best motorcycle parking area anywhere.

Quick Reply: Indiana/Ohio day ride destination ideas needed.