General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SHINY NUTZ!(HOTTOPPERS) Anyone try these? AWESOME!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 11:33 AM
loveriding
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry so late on this, I got these Shiny Nutz on both my bikes now no problems yet my Ultra had them on from new. I got 16,000 and a year of riding on them. My Roadking had hottoppers on it but I just replaced them with Shiny Nutz. These kits dont come with Rocker box covers. When I asked about them they had them. They sent them to me for free, said they wont sell them because in some cases they can warp. They said if you ride your bike hard like 1,000 miles at a time. Well I dont ride that long so I have them on my bike and sofar there looking great.
As for what a starter kit covers? It covered my trans, primary,cam cover, lifter and engine bolts and more. I like them they look way better then them zink bolts that are Harleys come with. Plus some of my zink bolts were getting a lil caroded.
Also I did ask where they were made, They told me "Avon ,Ohio" Its close to Cleveland , Ohio.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:35 AM
loveriding
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my Nutz

I talk to John from Shiny Nutz, He was on vaction so told me he took the listings off so no one would be disapointed with a 2 week delay in shipping. This will be my 3rd set (last bike I need them for)and there customer support is awesome. But he told me the starter kits wont be in until next week.
On the bad side, I did ruin one doing some service on my bike.
On the good side, I did an Iron Butt ride last week and they all still look like new.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:26 AM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,146 Likes on 1,508 Posts

Old 09-18-2013, 12:18 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by roofer
I think they look cheap I like the hardware look
Makes it hard to do the occasional quick check of fasteners. Never been a fan of chrome "covers" of any type. I like to be able to see all the fittings, connections, gaskets, etc.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:16 PM
screaminroadking
Road Master
Received 139 Likes on 64 Posts

Complete kits on both bikes. Never a problem and they look awesome. Have lost a couple over the years but that's to be expected.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:29 PM
cruzomatic
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

I've used the ebay ones on both my bikes. They work and look great. I'd recommend them.