General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camping for the 110th

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 11:40 AM
mesquite
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camping

Hello

I'm thinking of taking maybe a month to tour the Rockies when the weather gets warm enough. I've bought a tent also but to cut down I'm thinking of only carrying my sleeping pad and sleeping bag with a ground cover. I'm hoping to camp free...maybe sleep a few hours on a rest area table....I'll be staqying in a motel when I want to but seems I might enjoy a few nights just camped out. I'd sure save money those nights and those long days could cover some of the miles that aren't so interesting.

I'd appreciate your thoughts as I've camped but not on bike road trips.

By the way...I'm an old dude.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:59 PM
pastime
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blusmbl
I don't know if it'll happen for the 110th, but for the 100th anniversary Milwaukee county opened up all of the county parks in the area, people were camping all over the place.
I lived in Milwaukee county for the 100th (I live one county to the west now) and they didn't open up all the county parks for camping. Not likely this time either as there is a feud between the county sheriff and the Milwaukee police and suburban departments on who patrols the parks. Lot of cuts to the sheriff's budget, so I wouldn't plan on county parks being available cuz everyone will say there aren't enough cops to patrol them. Just wanna make sure nobody gets caught short....
Check with local dealers. Some of them have info on locals willing to help visitors.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:53 PM
Craigpv2d
Stage IV
Default Delafield Legion campgrounds now taking reservations!!

The Delafield Legion Campground was approved by the City this week, so we can start taking reservations!

Camping is FREE but we will accept donations and hope you will stop in and have a drink or two as well. In order to reserve a spot in advance, we would appreciate a tax deductible donation in advance.

Suggested minimum donations would be;
$20/day for 20x20 tent site
$35/day for RV site
$40/day for RV site with elec.

We are located about 25 miles West of the lakefront very near I-94. We could provide limited 120v/20amp power, water, hard surface and grass parking, regular bathrooms, wi-fi, a temporary shower, as well as having our Post open most of the time anyway. We have about 6 acres available. We have food and adult beverages inside the Post. We can do a mix of tent and trailer/RV camping depending on demand. We have a strong contingent of Legion Riders at our Post. We have a baseball diamond, volleyball court, horseshoe pits, a playground, an outdoor pavilion with picnic tables, grilles, a lighted parking lot, and quick, easy access to the freeway about a mile away. Since we are located in a residential neighborhood, this will be a quiet campground with no entertainment or vendors outside. We may have a band INSIDE if we have enough campers. We have room for about 125 tents and about 20 RV's. Currently we have about 1/2 of those spoken for already.

We are located at 333 N. Lapham Peak rd., Delafield, WI 53018. You can view our location on Google Earth and other mapping sites.

If you are interested in more details please contact me at;
Choaglund@wi.rr.com
262-391-4572

Old 03-29-2013, 02:35 PM
mjolnir
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seriously? Nobody has suggested camping at the Bong Recreational Area yet?

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/richardbong/

It's right down the road.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:51 AM
Craigpv2d
Stage IV

Originally Posted by mjolnir
Seriously? Nobody has suggested camping at the Bong Recreational Area yet?

http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/parks/name/richardbong/

It's right down the road.
I just checked the site. ALL the sites with electricity are booked for that weekend. 4 of the 6 group sites are booked. Most of the other State and County park sites within 60 miles with electric are booked for the 110th weekend as well. Plus, all state and county parks close the gates at 11pm-6am. As with all State or County parks, you pay per site/per day PLUS per vehicle/per day.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:32 AM
kyote
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Washington Co Fairgrounds will have camping.. I think if you contact West Bend Harley have the contact info.. Also the Legion will be serving breakfast at the Legion food stand

Old 04-18-2013, 02:01 PM
Placestostay
Stage II
Default Camping for 110th

I own a Hotel directly across from the Waukesha Expo Center minutes from I94 and Hwy J . We are going to offer camping spots in our back area of our hotel (1-1.5 acres of space) with full access to hotel amenites (Full bar,Breakfast bar,Coin ops for laundry and other events we are having at hotel) Also, we have a few rooms available at 399/Night.-3 night min.

79.00 Night First come first serve....probably around 20 sites available.

Great Central Location, 15 min from Milw.

Call for details

Mark
414 350 4011

Old 06-30-2013, 03:23 PM
nschreib15
Stage II
Default McIntyres Resort Camping

We have a resort on a very tranquil, beautiful lake at Turtle Lake. Camping sites are avaliable for the 110th anniversery of Harley Davidson. We welcome all visitors, call to book your reservation today. Call Pat at (262)728-9313

Old 06-30-2013, 03:25 PM
nschreib15
Stage II

Try Mcintyres Resort! A beautiful camping site located on Turtle Lake, they welcome all! Call Pat at (262)728-9313

Old 07-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Obelisk
Stage I
Thumbs up Private Camping area

My dad asked me to let others know he would like to have some Harley fans camp at his home for the 110th celebration. He lives on about 3 acres across the street from a great pub that is near to I-94 a bit south of Milwaukee. There may be room for a couple small RVs and I'm sure he could arrange some electricity (he's a retired electrician). Please give him a call if you are interested. 414-801-0219 (Tom). He is a Vietnam Veteran as well and loves to share stories from those times with others.

Quick Reply: Camping for the 110th