General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 simi valley,ca demo day!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 01:33 AM
Irishknight
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 simi valley,ca demo day!

well i rode out to simi valley with a few of my friends from san pedro today to test ride a few bikes(i have a honda shadow spirit),was a 70 mile one way trip there all freeway,was a great ride and the simi valley area is perfect for demo rides,wide roads and not alot of traffic.well first up was the fatboy lo(the bike i want)lets just say it handles like a friggin dream,very stable at low low speeds it blew my mind as my honda sucks at slow speeds,it takes turns very well,i just love on harleys on when u shift gears the loud CLUNK noise that happens to let u know u are on fine american steel! it also can cruise higher speeds with ease,the stock seat is very comfortable as well,i love how it doesnt shake and comes to stops very smoothly,just a real smooth and awesome,relaxing ride,my first time riding bikes with floorboards and let me tell you i LOVE them and cant wait to have them especially the half moon ones on the fatboy lo,the second bike i rode was the softail deluxe,very smooth and similar to the fatboy lo i just love how smooth softails ride and dont shake u all over,u dont feel like ur gonna fly off at every bump compared to my honda,only thing i didnt like on the deluxe was the handle bars and the seat was not as comfortable as the fatboy lo,next was the dyna wide glide,and omg what a difference from the softails,first off dont like the forward controls on it at all,has a real rough and bumpy ride,it accelerates really quicky though probally because it is alot lighter than the the other bikes i rode,it shakes the hell out of u and im not to fond of that,but it is a great bike,handles well just not the bike for me,then lastly was the softail slim,right off the bat i didnt like the seat,not to comfortable and how its set up it put my right leg right next to the pipes/engine so literally at stops it felt like my inner thigh was on fire,the ride was really nice and smooth though,took turns at ease,stops smoothtly,the floorboards on this bike are more forward than the fatboy lo and deluxe,so its kind of a weird riding position,it felt like a softail but a little more bumpy and less comfortable,i love how it looks in black denim though,pretty funny the guy in front of me said i look like arnold schwarzenegger on that bike,with my leather jacket,gloves and shades haha,and my girl buddy said that bike looked mean lol so i did feel like a badass on it,i had a great time and now i KNOW im gonna get the fatboy lo in black denim,ill have the awesome smooth ride and badass black denim look,in my order i would rank them #1-fatboy lo,#2-softail deluxe,#3-softail slim and #4 wide glide,ill say one thing after goin back to my honda after riding all those harleys,my honda felt very cheap and crappy,the clutch and front break felt like thin little pieces of metal compared to the harleys,also the ride is alot harder on my honda,the heavy harleys are suprisingly alot more easier to ride and more forgiving than my honda,my honda will feel like its gonna tip over when coming to a fast stop and with the wheel turned a bit while the harley feels alot more safe and sturdy,now i know what people mean when they say ITS A HARLEY,all the other bikes are just that JUST OTHER BIKES,nothing like a harley!my honda felt like a cheap plastic go kart compared to those damn harleys!i plan on gettin my fatboy lo by the end of this year anybody else go to any demo days?? please feel free to share your stories!

Old 05-20-2012, 07:36 AM
JACKO1
Cruiser

Good stuff,get off that Honda,Ventura HD have the same days check it out.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:16 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by JACKO1
Good stuff,get off that Honda,Ventura HD have the same days check it out.
Not really, the demo day here is the HD big rig that has a bunch of demo bikes. Simi HD has about 40 dedicated demo bikes in their parking lot ride now. Its a pretty cool event if someone is looking to demo a bike with no pressure to buy from the dealer.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 82 Posts

Well enjoy your Fatboy when you get it and that was one hell of a sentence!

Old 05-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Irishknight
Advanced

yeah i will enjoy it,lol sorry about not putting any periods.i was dead tired and my grammer was pretty non existant

Old 05-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Sikk50
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was looking forward to going today, but got called into work. Boo

Old 06-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Superfly3176
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Thinking about checking out the demo day in gettysburg on friday. Want to check out some more softails, maybe a road king and maybe a dyna. What all do I need to bring??