General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Attended A Garage Party Tonight

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by kmnjr
You already know it Gypsylady, but your a hell of a spokesperson and a huge inspiration for all who ride, but even more so for those of us with disabilities. God bless and you'll be happy to know I opted not to get the pain pump!!
Great to hear! We're currently trying to wean our kid off of it. It really doesn't seem to be doing her any good. I know it helps in some cases, but it really should be a last resort

Old 06-03-2012, 07:18 PM
CajunGlide03
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gypsylady
Oh, for y'all Louisiana guys, Cajun doesn't do the Garage Parties often but Erica will be asking me back next time. I'll post it on here when the next one comes around. I'd love to meet more forum friends!
Great thread!!! I'll try to be there!

Old 06-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Gypsylady

Originally Posted by CajunGlide03
Great thread!!! I'll try to be there!
It's a long ride in the dark to Lake Charles! I didn't care about the dark before, but I've been hurt twice riding after dark...Both of them could have ended me permanentely.

Yep, I'm turning into a bit of a *****!

CajunGlide, if you're ever passing by on 10, PM & I'll try to fix it so we can meet!

Old 06-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Gypsylady

Originally Posted by MrsGru
There is no doubt that you inspired the ladies and anyone else hanging out. I've been to several of these in the St Louis are and now focus on helping out at my local dealership. The hubby went to the dealership first "Biker boot camp" (the garage party for guys) and was a big help to a guy looking to buy. These things are always and helps me remember the basics of bike pick up. Of course running through the gears and going fast then I would never go for really is fun too.
I'm sorry I didn't reply before, Gru! I want to know if I can go to the boot camp & bring my boots! ...Just cuz I can!

Seriously, have fun with it & help folks out!

Old 06-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Gypsylady

I just got asked by a local bar owner to lead a poker run. I'd love to & I've done it before. However, I can't handle "Chump Change" as well as I could my old ride.I AM riding again, but not as well as I WILL after a few more months.

I DID promise I'll follow with my Jeep & take care of the cards & anything else they need help with.

For those who haven't seen my ride, here she is.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,011 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by kmnjr
You already know it Gypsylady, but your a hell of a spokesperson and a huge inspiration for all who ride, but even more so for those of us with disabilities. God bless and you'll be happy to know I opted not to get the pain pump!!
I totally agree, Gypsy doesn't know it, but I am a huge fan too, hell she has a pretty good sized fan club right here on the forum! God bless you Gypsy!

I've got the chronic pain thing going on, and must admit, when I see what you do, it makes me think I'm doing ok again, gives me inspiration, and surely can get beyond the pain enough to have some fun on the bike. I barely ride much anymore, but refuse to give it up, just for those days that I can see beyond the pain.

Oh yea, pain pumps, Yikes, I've heard to many horror stories about those things!

Old 06-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Gypsylady

Originally Posted by Ragtop
I totally agree, Gypsy doesn't know it, but I am a huge fan too, hell she has a pretty good sized fan club right here on the forum! God bless you Gypsy!

I've got the chronic pain thing going on, and must admit, when I see what you do, it makes me think I'm doing ok again, gives me inspiration, and surely can get beyond the pain enough to have some fun on the bike. I barely ride much anymore, but refuse to give it up, just for those days that I can see beyond the pain.

Oh yea, pain pumps, Yikes, I've heard to many horror stories about those things!
I think most of us hurt to an extent. The extent just depends on how bad we managed to abuse ourselves when we were young. I know at 45, I'm younger than a lot of folks here. However, I'm a bit more broken than a lot too.

Thanks, Guys!

Old 06-03-2012, 10:02 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,011 Likes on 576 Posts

brings that old saying to mind, if I knew I was going to live this long, I would
have taken better care of myself! :-)
my old spine has seen it's share of injuries, lots of them self induced...

Old 06-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Gypsylady

Originally Posted by Ragtop
brings that old saying to mind, if I knew I was going to live this long, I would
have taken better care of myself! :-)
my old spine has seen it's share of injuries, lots of them self induced...
Ya know what's scary> The only thing I HAVEN'T managed to screw up is my back! If ya follow this link, you can see before & after crap & bikes I grew up around & all sorts of ****.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gypsylady1/page4/

Last edited by Gypsylady; 06-03-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:07 AM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,447 Likes on 4,734 Posts

Originally Posted by Gypsylady
Now, the Queens have talked about Garage Parties before & told us about them teaching the ladies how to pick up a bike if they dropped it...But they never mentioned any Harley shop doing THIS!

They had a bike hooked up to the dyno & were letting the ladies get on & run through the gears...Yeah, teach 'em to ride in a straight line!

One older lady screamed her head off & came out breathing hard & walking funny...Draw your own conclusions!
I'm surprised no other guy commented about the happy ending

Quick Reply: I Attended A Garage Party Tonight