General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Pro Super Tuner

Old 07-29-2012, 11:48 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 430 Likes on 258 Posts
Default SE Pro Super Tuner

Just bought an '08 FXDF with a dealer installed 103 kit including 254E cams. This is my first EFI bike; wife has a stage 1 08 FXDL...why would I not use the SE Pro Super Tuner on the dealers dyno, other than price, is there something other modules can do that the SE one can't?

Old 07-30-2012, 08:10 AM
mmancuso
Road Warrior
Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

The only thing that I don't like about them is they get married to the bike. Once you use it on one bike, it can never be used on any other.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:10 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,473 Likes on 2,475 Posts

The new version of the Supertuner is really great. I have used the SE on all my race tuned bikes with great success. The techs are most familiar with that one at the dealerships. A little pricey, but worth it. Not sure, but I think the TTS Mastertune is basically the same, but can be used on multiple bikes.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:51 AM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 430 Likes on 258 Posts

I see the Pro Tuner dosen't have VIN controlled calibrations, it should be useable on other bikes, right?

Old 07-30-2012, 01:15 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 813 Likes on 799 Posts

I know my 07 SERT is married to my bike..

Son has had an 07 with a SERT then also an 09 and 10 that both had a new SEPST installed.. If its not married to the bike then I am surprised that the wrench his good friend didn't tell him.

Still I reckon with the engine mods he does they almost had to stay with each bike. So I am not sure.

Either way the SEPST is one of the better tuners out there IMO, if U have a good tuner. We do have a good one and he does a great tune..

I've had my SERT 5ys and not `1 problem
Sons had 3 new bikes since 07 with 1 SERT on his 07 and both his 09 and 10 had/has the SEPST and he's never had a problem ither,, WE are sold on them..

Old 07-30-2012, 02:11 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put an SE Pro on my Train after the Power Commander crapped out after 6 years, and I don't think I'll ever go with a piggyback unit again.

The SE cost me a little over $400 installed and tuned, and the bike runs like a bat out of hell, and even my mpg went up considerably. Some of the best $$ I've spent on the bike, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone.

Yes, the module you get is married to THAT bike and can't be swapped onto another one.

That wasn't an issue with me because the Train is my keeper.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:42 PM
magnamover
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had a 110 kit installed and am using a SEPST with it. I downloaded the 1800 canned tune and did data logging with the smart tune feature. After you reconnect the module to the laptop you can fine tune the maps VE values for each cylinder plus 20 other parameters. I had the SERT previously and it was less user friendly. I was always nervous about making changes, but not now. Instructions here: http://www.harley-davidson-hangout.c...une-sepst.html

Old 07-30-2012, 02:56 PM
paud
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Old 07-30-2012, 03:19 PM
isellem
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the research we've done at our shop, the Pro Super Tuner offers the most tuning options available. As others have mentioned, it is not a piggy back system, which means it is not physically attached to the motorcycle after the tune is performed. This leaves no extra electronics to fail and leave you on the side of the road. Another big one...possibly the biggest reason to use the H-D product...

Essentially every H-D dealer and dyno guy in the country has experience with this product. EVERY H-D Dealer has access to support for this product. Bottom line...find another company with that to offer.

Keep in mind that there are many awesome tuners available to us...but if you're traveling and no one knows what the heck you've got under the seat...you might as well get a plane ticket home.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:37 PM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
I just put an SE Pro on my Train after the Power Commander crapped out after 6 years, and I don't think I'll ever go with a piggyback unit again.

The SE cost me a little over $400 installed and tuned, and the bike runs like a bat out of hell, and even my mpg went up considerably. Some of the best $$ I've spent on the bike, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone.

Yes, the module you get is married to THAT bike and can't be swapped onto another one.

That wasn't an issue with me because the Train is my keeper.
Yeah,ditto. My '10 Road King has the SE Pro,with a stage ll upgrade.Damn thing runs like a striped assed ape.48 mpg out on the hwy,0-60 in under 5 sec,turns those dog *** 103's into a real motor.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SE Pro Super Tuner