General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Private Party Financing

Old 09-02-2012, 03:14 PM
highwayman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Private Party Financing

I just found out about private party financing the other day. Is it avaliable at every dealer? Is it at Harley Davidson of Pikeville?

Old 09-02-2012, 04:21 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You do not have to finance thru HD, go anywhere you want. They will take it. Suggest if you have to finance look at Credit Unions. Walk in with a bank/credit union approval and the sales guy will be your new best friend. They want you to use HD credit cuz they get part of it.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:24 PM
3408pete
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by highwayman
I just found out about private party financing the other day. Is it avaliable at every dealer? Is it at Harley Davidson of Pikeville?

check eagle rides website and you should be able to get what details you want there--------------around here not all dealers do it all the time just every so often to help the customers and pull their 1.9% off of the paper they write

Old 09-02-2012, 08:00 PM
A.S.N.F.
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You almost always get better deals through private loans. I worked in car dealerships for years and the "deals" we made were insanely bad. My HD loan came through a private bank for federal employees that luckily I'm grandfathered into. HD was 9% mine was 3.5%. Shop around.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:13 PM
lumper
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol oh to be young.
Check it out, private party financing means you can borrow the money from anyone who will lend it to you and then buy the bike for cash at the dealership, or from a private seller, which I highly recommend by the way especially if you have a secured loan with your credit union or work or local bank, or rich aunt, or whoever is willing to lend you the money you need,

It removes the need to have Harley find you financing, and you do not ever, EVER want to finance with eagle credit or Harley Eagle or whatever it is, I went through that and I can tell you some stories that will make you sick, they are thieves and act borderline criminally if you ask me, real scumbags!

Unless you have great credit, thats a whole other matter, but no matter what I wouldnt borrow from a company who loans to poor people trying to buy a bike at 22% and hittin them with a payment loan that with interest has them paying 35k for a 16k bike and the minute you cant pay it anymore over the 7 years they just come and take it and sell it at auction and bill you for the rest, stay away even if you can qualify.
If you have good credit go to your bank, or another or a credit union, etc.. not Harley, I have seen them make loans they knew would never run the course and they would definitely be doing a repo, as long as they get that sale and the paper work goes out, they dont give a crap.

Anyway if you can get a loan at a bank for a low rate of interest it is your best bet, especially if it is your bank where you have had accounts for years and they know you.

Also, I wanted to mention, slightly off topic, but if you do want to buy at a dealer, they will take anything and I mean anything in trade, so we had a guy tow in a 78 ford all beat to hell, barely ran and we gave him 2200.00 for it, he also drove in another truck or a van I think and got another 3500 for that, plus his old bike, then cash it was crazy sorting it all out, but the dealership doesnt care, bring them anything and they will work with you.

Got a family member with a junk yard, takes in cars? grab a few barely running cars and save them from the scrap heap, tow em to your local dealer, lol bring them like 5 cars and a van and try to trade for a new bike, if you can get the numbers right you can do it.
Lump

Old 09-02-2012, 09:45 PM
_Gir_
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Credit union at 2.7% for 5 years. Don't take a dealer loan. If they tell you it's required- laugh at them and then walk away.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:08 PM
3408pete
Ultimate HDF Member

I thought he was talking about selling a bike and using the outside finance thru eagle ride,or buying a bike from a private owner and using eagle ride but using the dealer to set it up

Old 09-02-2012, 10:12 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My dealer does financing w/ a local credit union. My kid got around 3% for 5 years.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:37 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by lumper
Unless you have great credit, thats a whole other matter, but no matter what I wouldnt borrow from a company who loans to poor people trying to buy a bike at 22% and hittin them with a payment loan that with interest has them paying 35k for a 16k bike and the minute you cant pay it anymore over the 7 years they just come and take it and sell it at auction and bill you for the rest, stay away even if you can qualify.
If you have good credit go to your bank, or another or a credit union, etc.. not Harley, I have seen them make loans they knew would never run the course and they would definitely be doing a repo, as long as they get that sale and the paper work goes out, they dont give a crap.
If someone is dumb enough to sign papers on a loan like that, its not HD's fault...or any other loan company. If you don't pay for it, they SHOULD come and take it.