General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom audio replacement speakers

Old 08-24-2012, 10:54 AM
lefty971
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boom audio replacement speakers

Guys, I have handlebar mounted boom aduio speakers, 40w 4ohms. Coming back from South Dakota one of them blew, literally, paper was all scorched and crumbled.
I took the front off, scaped of the sealer and removed the speaker. 3 1/2 inch speaker with a small magnet at the base so it fits in the chrome speaker holder.
My question is, the dealer said I need an entire new pair of speakers. i want to just replace the inside of one with the speaker itself and not pay an arm and a leg for two complete speakers and housings.
has anyone any info on where to get these. Ive found some speakers the same diameter but they have a large magnet and would not fit into the housing.

Help!!!! Im broke and without tunes

Old 12-25-2015, 02:53 PM
Robmayas
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lefty971
Guys, I have handlebar mounted boom aduio speakers, 40w 4ohms. Coming back from South Dakota one of them blew, literally, paper was all scorched and crumbled.
I took the front off, scaped of the sealer and removed the speaker. 3 1/2 inch speaker with a small magnet at the base so it fits in the chrome speaker holder.
My question is, the dealer said I need an entire new pair of speakers. i want to just replace the inside of one with the speaker itself and not pay an arm and a leg for two complete speakers and housings.
has anyone any info on where to get these. Ive found some speakers the same diameter but they have a large magnet and would not fit into the housing.

Help!!!! Im broke and without tunes
Did you ever replace the speaker and with what. I wanna put a better speaker in and upgrade the amp

Old 12-25-2015, 04:12 PM
Switchback12
Road Master
Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

Check cycle sounds website, they sell replacement speakers for their systems, likely have an appropriate size.

Old 12-25-2015, 05:07 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,504 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by Robmayas
Did you ever replace the speaker and with what. I wanna put a better speaker in and upgrade the amp

The guy you're talking to, lefty971, hasn't been on the forum in over three years.

Old 07-03-2018, 12:50 PM
Benny The Jets
Stage I
Default Boom Audio

I have a 2014 SGS, I u po gradeded my factory system to the Boom Audio installed at the HD Dealership and unfortunately blew my bag speakers within a month they replaced it for then the other one blew replaced that i will say sounds great when it works and looks awsome But for over 3 Grand it Ridiculous that they keep blowing I'm scared to run them all the way up. The system comes with a 1yr warranty but after its up I'll be replacing the speakers with some type of Marine Audio. Would I do it again Nope I'll go aftermarket I just wanted to keep everything stock looking and I love the infotainment system. I'm just dissatisfied with the build quality of the speakers for 3500. I should be able to Rock Out my car system cost less and not one issue in 10 yrs.