General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do dealers get that High gloss shine on new and used bikes

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 05:06 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

A lot of it has to do with the lights in the dealership.

I recently traded my '09 RKC in on a new scooter. The dealer had my old bike on the floor before the paperwork was done on the new bike, they said they didn't have to do anything to my '09, just rolled it on the floor. I couldn't believe how good it looked.

Last edited by mmcbeat; 08-31-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:00 PM
daniel.sm
Road Master
Received 145 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by AFMM3
Most likely Pledge Furniture Polish.
That's a nice Bob over there....tell me did you use vintage OEM parts to build it?

Old 08-31-2012, 06:23 PM
hdgzr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,869 Likes on 595 Posts

They probably have a detail person like this...

Old 08-31-2012, 06:34 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hdgzr
They probably have a detail person like this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veCZvM6-okQ

Best part of the movie....

Old 08-31-2012, 06:53 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I use Race Glaze to keep my bikes shiny. I heard about it from guys that have show cars.

http://raceglaze.net/

Old 08-31-2012, 07:58 PM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Lightbulb

Have the dealership wash the bike for you. Mine always comes out with that showroom appearance. I think they might be using Harley Gloss finisher. Good stuff.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:25 PM
milesvdustin
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Harley gloss quick detailer works great.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:33 PM
3408pete
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

local uses a detail kit made by 3m that has its own buffer

as far as no silicon that would be hard to do as about all wax products contain silicon unless it specifically says CARNUBA and NO SILICONE

Old 08-31-2012, 08:41 PM
1sicmofo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigbob88
Every time I go to my Harley dealer and look at their new and used bikes they all have that deep glossy shine what the heck do they use to get that? I use Mother's detail spray on my 2011 Electra Glide and it don't have that real high gloss that they have.
For A Quick Shine use HONDA SPRAY WAX OR PLEDGE.

If You want a great shine that last use Zaino Wax 3 coats,easy to use haze on
powders off however its EXPENSIVE.
I use it on all my bikes,my truck,and the wives Mercedes.
Do all vehicles ONCE a year beads water for about the same amount of time.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:41 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
I've been using it for almost twelve years with excellent results and have been referring it to friends and family since. The first three quotes below from Zaino customers regarding streaking.
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...e=TESTIMONIALS

"All the benefits of Z2 and Z5 with even greater durability! Z-CS is an amazing product to say the least. It offers similar finishing properties as both Z2 and Z5, but it has even greater durability and it's much easier to apply! Simply spray on with an applicator pad and walk away. There's no need to wipe or buff it off and it's much easier to apply than Z2 or Z5. I used it after a layer of Z-AIO to enhance the finish as well as add a durable layer of protection that will outlast any other Zaino product.

I sprayed a bit in an area and worked it into the surface with the pad. I noticed the prismatic streaks on the surface, and my instincts kept telling me to work it around until it evened out some more, but as the instructions say, you just let it dry without any buffing. So I just let it sit, even though it appeared streaky in some areas. The entire car only took about 5 minutes to apply, and after 20 minutes of waiting, most of the streaks had disappeared, leaving a deep glossy finish. The outside temperature was only 36 degrees so it did take a bit longer to dry to a smooth finish, but I was still impressed how quickly it dried in such a cool temperature.

Z-CS is good enough to use by itself, as is the Z-AIO, but I really like the concept of using the Z-AIO as basis that cleans and preps the surface for the enhanced gloss and added protection of Z-CS.

Black is no doubt the most difficult color to maintain, but Zaino has once again made doing so a bit easier and more enjoyable!

Brent S.

Holly Springs, NC"

"Ounce for ounce, best thing out there! I was a loyal Zymol user for about 10 years.
About a month ago, I "Iced" (Turtle Wax) my 2007 MINI Cooper. What a pain that was! My MINI is Pepper White with a Black roof and the streaking kicked my butt!

Not with Zaino! This stuff is worth every cent! No streaking and color depth beyond your dreams. I need to change the color of my roof from Black to Onyx. It is unbelievably deep. Unlike other polishes and wax, removing Zaino is a breeze and you can use it on your black trim as well. The only thing better would be if a Genie popped out of the bottle and did the work for you!

Awesome product Sal! Keep 'em coming!
Kevin B
Lewisville, Tx"

"AWESOME This is truly the best package available anywhere. Have 6 coats(and counting) on my 1996 Mustang Cobra and I can't believe how many people have asked what wax i use. Took it to a graphic detail shop and he couldn't beleive the finish. He now has bought the 84.70 package. This product SELLS itself. The Z2 finish is INCREDIBLE. Also, the car wash enhances the shine during waxing. The finish spray is the BEST I have used and leaves no streaks like others do. Highly Recommended !!!
Ken
York, Pa"

"A Zaino wash and two coats of Z-5 only.

Alton D.

Texas"

"Wish I had done before and after pictures! Your product is great and I plan on using it on my other vehicles too. White is a notorious color for not getting much attention when it comes to shining compared to darker colors. I cant tell you how many people have commented on the glass like shine on my 97 white C-5 after 3 coats. I cant wait to put some more coats on next weekend. NO MORE WAX for me!
Thanks!

Bill P."

"Hello,

Just wanted to say thanks and show you how your products changed our car (the paint is 17 years old).

Best regards,
Mihai and Dante"

"Sal,

As I left work and went to my car I noticed something sitting near the rear quarter panel. As I walked closer to my car I saw it was a goose and it was acting strangely. I wasn't sure if it was sick or injured so I moved in for a closer look.

Upon closer inspection I saw that the goose was just sitting there snuggling with the reflection in the quarter panel. He/she was in love. As I went to get in my car the goose was alarmed, stood up and started to peck at the reflection quarter panel.

I tried to get the goose away from my car but it refused to leave and just hissed at me and kept pecking the car. So I got in and drove away leaving the poor goose with a broken heart.

The amazing part about this story is that my car had not been washed in about a month and had not been Zainoed since last year. The shine is incredible and the durability is even more incredible.

Brian C."

"Z-PC Testimonial I was able to correct severely damaged paint by using Z-PC (by machine).
Traditionally you need to use several 'grades' of abrasives polishes to correct deep scratches and scars on the finish. This could mean using up to 3 different products (Compound, Swirl Mark Remover, and Finish polish). Z-PC did it all! I didn't have to deal with compound dust or deal with hard to wipe polish residue. Z-PC is easy on / easy off. At the end of the day, I'm after results. The high gloss, swirl free finish Z-PC produces is off the charts.

Another home run for the folks at Zaino!

Before Z-PC:

After Z-PC, and protecting the finish with Z5Pro and Clear Seal

Thanks,
Another Happy Customer
John M.
Bear, DE"
Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
The photo below that was used in the above poster is what sold me on Zaino, can't beat a finish that shines as good as glass. I've been using it on all my vehicles for the past ten years, first started using it on my WS6 Formula (photo below) after reading a lot of good reviews on some automotive forums. http://www.zainostore.com/

Here's a couple more black cars from Zaino's website:

Just wanted to say thanks and show you how your products changed our car (the paint is 17 years old).

Quick Reply: How do dealers get that High gloss shine on new and used bikes