General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pitbull -VS- J&S Motorcycle Lift.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 09:44 AM
StreetGlide515
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use mine all the time for cleaning and maintenance. I don't know what I would do if I had to clean these wheels without it

Attached Thumbnails Pitbull -VS- J&S Motorcycle Lift.-img_1794.jpg   Pitbull -VS- J&S Motorcycle Lift.-img_1795.jpg  
Old 07-14-2016, 09:28 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts
Old 10-14-2016, 10:11 PM
Daniel J. Graber
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know a lot of shops use Handy lift tables, I am wondering about the Handy jack? The Handy Moto-Roll Jack packs the lifting power of a scissor lift into a compact design. With a 1500-lb. capacity, it allows easy accessibility for making repairs, wheel removal, oil changes, and basic maintenance. The 16" long by 17" wide support platform will accommodate any motorcycle.
The Moto-Roll Jack has three different locking safety heights, so you choose the working height that's best for your job! The frame pads measure 16" long by 17" wide with a 13" clearance in between. Coated with durable wrinkle black and gray powder coat, the Moto-Roll Jack has vinyl-plastisol dipped "frame supports" to prevent scratching your project, plus keeps it from slipping off the jack.
The removable jack handle makes moving your jack and motorcycle around the shop a breeze. The four 3" phenolic wheels with roller bearings keep your shop floor looking its best.
If your garage is short on space, look no further than the superior stability and mobility offered by the Moto-Roll Jack from Handy,Its American made. Best part it lifts to 21"

Old 01-03-2017, 12:16 AM
baldguy13
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel J. Graber
I know a lot of shops use Handy lift tables, I am wondering about the Handy jack? The Handy Moto-Roll Jack packs the lifting power of a scissor lift into a compact design. With a 1500-lb. capacity, it allows easy accessibility for making repairs, wheel removal, oil changes, and basic maintenance. The 16" long by 17" wide support platform will accommodate any motorcycle.
The Moto-Roll Jack has three different locking safety heights, so you choose the working height that's best for your job! The frame pads measure 16" long by 17" wide with a 13" clearance in between. Coated with durable wrinkle black and gray powder coat, the Moto-Roll Jack has vinyl-plastisol dipped "frame supports" to prevent scratching your project, plus keeps it from slipping off the jack.
The removable jack handle makes moving your jack and motorcycle around the shop a breeze. The four 3" phenolic wheels with roller bearings keep your shop floor looking its best.
If your garage is short on space, look no further than the superior stability and mobility offered by the Moto-Roll Jack from Handy,Its American made. Best part it lifts to 21"
Sounds like somebody got a new job...

Old 01-03-2017, 02:10 AM
Proline1969
Cruiser
Received 184 Likes on 72 Posts

After watching this video I'll be buying a jack from J&S . And I'll use my yellow craftsman for my dirt bikes and 4 wheelers .

Old 01-03-2017, 05:03 AM
Mxdad
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 456 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by Proline1969
After watching this video I'll be buying a jack from J&S . And I'll use my yellow craftsman for my dirt bikes and 4 wheelers .

https://youtu.be/avJ2a0oOvCU
I can assure you that you will not be disappointed with the J&S, I have been very satisfied with mine. I can't speak about how well the Pitbull works because I have never used one. I have seen them and from my research they are equally as good. My decision came down to Pitbull and J&S in no particular order. J&S got the nod because it was one model that would lift the Dyna as well as other bikes where as with PitBull I had to get the Dyna specific jack. I decided to get the one that could handle the Dyna and anything else down the road.

Old 01-03-2017, 06:19 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,997 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by Nirvana
I'm considering buying a J&S jack. Is the T-handle really needed to move around the jack with a bike loaded or is it stable enough to move the unit by simply pushing the bike?

Yes to both but it's easier to move the jack around the garage without a bike on it if you have the T handle.

Old 01-03-2017, 06:45 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 751 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Proline1969
After watching this video I'll be buying a jack from J&S . .
That's exactly the reaction that the producers of the video wanted.

It's obvious that the video's intention is to highlight the JS Jack.
That's not to say that JS Jack isn't a fine product but if you're buying it based on the video you're being a bit naive.

I'm sure the JS jack will work just fine.
As for me; I'll keep my Sears yellow jack and $100 Redline dolly.

Old 01-03-2017, 07:51 AM
Proline1969
Cruiser
Received 184 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Mxdad
I can assure you that you will not be disappointed with the J&S, I have been very satisfied with mine. I can't speak about how well the Pitbull works because I have never used one. I have seen them and from my research they are equally as good. My decision came down to Pitbull and J&S in no particular order. J&S got the nod because it was one model that would lift the Dyna as well as other bikes where as with PitBull I had to get the Dyna specific jack. I decided to get the one that could handle the Dyna and anything else down the road.
I based my decision basically on the ease of rolling it on a not so flat surface as my garage floor isn't perfect , and also because of my dyna . I wish I could have researched a lot more before buying my yellow Craftsman since I still had to buy the HD Dyna jack pads . I only lifted the bike once and was not comfortable with how stable the bike was , so I ended up changing the oil and polishing the wheels on the ground . And that was the basic reason I bought the jack in the 1st place .

Old 01-05-2017, 06:50 AM
RedRider0151
Tourer
Received 152 Likes on 78 Posts

The pit bull and J&S are both awesome jacks....the rotating table on the pit bull is the cats meow...however the pit bull is a HUGE footprint and takes up a ton of space that I just don't have so I landed on the J&S and have never looked back. I did not get the T-handle and it hasn't been an issue whatsoever moving the thing around in my garage. The oil pan is great too but is a very tight fit. IT was worth every penny to me. I dont think you can go wrong with either jack though...its more how much room you have to store the thing when not in use...as I can't stand having something as big as the pit bull sitting on my garage floor all summer when I am not using it....

Quick Reply: Pitbull -VS- J&S Motorcycle Lift.