General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cop boots for heat?

Old 10-17-2012, 11:32 PM
dfndr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cop boots for heat?

Anyone wear the tall copboots for heat control? Do they cut down on perceived heat? I'm looking for heat respite and something cool looking.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:21 AM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 349 Posts

I wear 'em because I have to at work, hot as hell.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:28 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,324 Likes on 3,269 Posts

I just saw some nice Danner lace up boots with Goretex, i am thinking i might get me a pair....

Old 10-18-2012, 06:45 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts

Wolverines with gortex liner - if you wanna keep your feet warm, wear some GOOD wool socks!

Old 10-18-2012, 01:29 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What heat? I am a firm believer in above the ankle boots to protect the ankle bone structure because it doesn't do well to abrasion. Not enough heat coming off of either my bikes to warrant tall boots. Bad enough to have to wear hot boots in snake country.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:24 PM
duoglider
Road Warrior
Received 300 Likes on 181 Posts

Yes and Yes.
I've got a pair of Dehner's I bought 25 yrs ago and they're still going strong on their 3rd set of soles.
They also protect against low flying road debris.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,324 Likes on 3,269 Posts

I currently am on my 2nd set of HD / Wolverine goretex boots, the old styles... can't get them anymore so i am thinking the Danner's will be my next, they look like quality boots... i was thinking of the zippered kinds but i don't know about the water resistance...

Old 10-18-2012, 03:17 PM
RobsSG
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Howz about we solve the HEAT ISSUE with a R A D I A T O R...instead of some BOOTS...
Ok...its like this...IF front wheel drive cars were that great, NASCAR would be racing them...ahem...If AIR COOLED engines were that great ALL cars and trucks would be using them...Harley is a name...not a design and certainly not an innovative design( well maybe in 1911). One day we will all focus our efforts to ride cooler in the direction it deserves and say PLEASE come into the 20th century....Radiators...oh yes...and lets nor forget the MANY competitors who include Radiators, automatic valve adjusters, auto cam chain adjusters...Could they ALL be wrong and HD be right? Radiators and many more 20th century innovations would certainly make a Harley a more desirable bike outside of their motorclothes line. But hey...we don't mind a little heat from our museum quality collector edition purchases do we? LOL...

Old 10-18-2012, 05:04 PM
patrickd
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RobsSG
Howz about we solve the HEAT ISSUE with a R A D I A T O R...instead of some BOOTS...
Ok...its like this...IF front wheel drive cars were that great, NASCAR would be racing them...ahem...If AIR COOLED engines were that great ALL cars and trucks would be using them...Harley is a name...not a design and certainly not an innovative design( well maybe in 1911). One day we will all focus our efforts to ride cooler in the direction it deserves and say PLEASE come into the 20th century....Radiators...oh yes...and lets nor forget the MANY competitors who include Radiators, automatic valve adjusters, auto cam chain adjusters...Could they ALL be wrong and HD be right? Radiators and many more 20th century innovations would certainly make a Harley a more desirable bike outside of their motorclothes line. But hey...we don't mind a little heat from our museum quality collector edition purchases do we? LOL...
Seriously? Museum quality collector edition purchases? I bought and ride the bike I want--period. If you're looking for radiators and auto valve adjusters and all the other things you said then go ride a hondayamazukisaki.

I don't think this is going to end well buddy.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:49 PM
duty2
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by patrickd
Seriously? Museum quality collector edition purchases? I bought and ride the bike I want--period. If you're looking for radiators and auto valve adjusters and all the other things you said then go ride a hondayamazukisaki.

I don't think this is going to end well buddy.
Like he said.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cop boots for heat?